Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Mad Multi-Stage Marathon 13-14 July

Options
  • 21-02-2013 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

A new race from the organizers of TriAthy. There are ultra, marathon and half marathon distances available.

They have an interesting 'build your own race' option where you can pick what distance you want to run on each of the days.

Entry just opened today to the first 100 entrants.

Website here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Good research on date choice by organizers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

ger664 wrote: »
    Good research on date choice by organizers.

I'd love to do this but it's much too close to the Energia 24hr which I'm also considering:rolleyes:...I assume that's what you mean Ger664?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

10 Marathons in 10 Days is on from the 4th of July until 13th of July in Sixmilebridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

ger664 wrote: »
    10 Marathons in 10 Days is on from the 4th of July until 13th of July in Sixmilebridge.
    yeah i would have have liked to do it as well but im doing the 10in10. Also the new achill marathon/ultra is on the same weekend as longford marathon /ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 8 darraghwhite

Just signed up for Sunday Ultra. Gulp!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Thread here as well
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84620513#post84620513

Would be nice if mod could merge these 2 threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

This event has been announced as a UTMB qualifier. Havent heard how many points you get for completing it but good news anyway.

Interesting, though this race is not listed as a qualifying race on UTMB site. Where did you hear that?

edit: got the answer...on Stone Mad Ultra FB page of course!

Just signed up for Sunday Ultra. Gulp!!!!!

Just signed up for marathon on Saturday + marathon on Sunday incl. endurance package. Gulp!!!!

Yesterday and today were my fitness test days...I wanted to do long back to back runs (36kms + 25kms) and see about recovery, before signing up for this events.
    So covered 36kms yesterday (26 morning + 10 evening)..
    Legs were a bit stiff when i started my scheduled 12.5kms this morning, but were ok after 3kms, obviously fatigued.
    Legs feel good now, and i think the 12.5kms scheduled for tonight will be ok.
    That was a big milestone for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

From the Stonemad fb page:
    UTMB Points Allocation:

StoneMad ULTRA will be designated 2 points for 2 days.

List of Irish qualifying races here - http://www.ultratrailmb.com/page/87/courses_qualificatives_liste.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Anybody know if they are using chip timining for the marathon route?

It's not clear from the web site.

Advertisement