Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Ryan Electrical repair - Gerald Griffin Street

• 21-02-2013 12:28pm

I have a Dimplex Optiflame fire that needs to be looked at it. This place was recommended to me by Shannon Wholesale where I bought the fire many years ago.

Went in there and it certainly looks good and they have a website which is another positive. They said they'd have a look at it for €20. Just wondering if anybody has any feedback on them please? Cowboys or professionals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

I've used em ... no problem ... they fixed issue for a good price, and fast too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

If you don't have a voice mail get one as they won't ring a second time (this happened to me and I ended up waiting a lot longer than was needed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Used them a couple of times. Happy with service.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

whats wrong with your optiflame, theres very little that can go wrong with them

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67238603

My guess is that the motor that creates the flame effect is gone! I opened up as much of the fire as I was brave enough to and the ribbons weren't moving very much. I know you can order a new motor on the DimpCo website however it looked as if it was quite difficult to install.

• Advertisement

unplug and open it from the back, there is a round fan that turns and this makes some ribbons wave to give it the flame effect, is the fan still turning, if not get some wd40 with the long tube and squirt the bearing at each end, then plug it back in and see if it works,

Yup the flame motor....it's turning alright the ribbons aren't moving much.

here what it looks like, between the steel were the fan turns put the tube from wd40 and squirt the bearings, turn the fan while you are doing it, REMEMBER PULL OUT THE PLUG, when your finished squirting, plug it in to see if it done the job. it should its just dust stoping it from spinning quick

http://www.amazon.co.uk/flame-effect-Fan-blower-motor/dp/B000SSJJ1K

• Registered Users Posts: 48 truebluechippy

iv use them a number of times.The last four times they have gone ahead and repair the machine with out calling to give me a price first despite me saying to them to call before starting the repair. The last time i had to ring as i havnt heard from them in 3 days and they said it was repair and i owe 130 euro its was only 180 to but new so i left it there.I wont be using them again

I have a Dimplex Optiflame fire that needs to be looked at it. This place was recommended to me by Shannon Wholesale where I bought the fire many years ago.

Went in there and it certainly looks good and they have a website which is another positive. They said they'd have a look at it for €20. Just wondering if anybody has any feedback on them please? Cowboys or professionals?
    did you fix it

• Advertisement

nah mate we left it be.

Advertisement