Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I take dog by ferry to UK for holiday?

• 21-02-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Are you allowed to take pets by ferry to UK for a few days break? Do they need any docs etc to show they have been vacinated each year etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

technically they should have pet passports, but the UK and Irish authorities said they wouldn't be enforcing the law between the two states. I always take my vaccination cards, but have never been asked for them, and we travel back and forth quite often. You can leave the dog in the car for the crossing, or you can use one of the kennels on board. I always leave mine in my vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

We go back and forth 5 or 6 times a year and never have to produce anything for Patch.

If traveling on Irish Ferries you can book kennels free of charge
    However Stena line do Charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

fifib wrote: »
    Are you allowed to take pets by ferry to UK for a few days break? Do they need any docs etc to show they have been vacinated each year etc?
    no problem,leave them in the car because in the kennels they can get very stressed,

Advertisement