Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!! Draft Civil Bill

• 21-02-2013 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Hi Lads. Seems like I'm in a little bit of a jam. I have a loan with AIB for a couple of grand that I took out around 2007. Anyways, I lost my plumbing job and couldn't pay the loan. I went into the bank to discuss a repayment plan of 10 euro a week until I got sorted (that's all I could afford). The bank refused saying it wasn't enough. I asked them what to do next and they said that they would contact me soon (the woman actually said 'leave it with us').
    I didn't think any more of it. I didn't hear a peep from the bank since then. Suddenly last week, I get a letter from a debt collection company in Dublin demanding the loan. Then I got a letter from a solicitor demanding payment aswell. Today I got a letter from the same solicitor enclosing a Draft Civil Bill. I don't know what to do.
    I offered to keep paying what I could on the loan back in 2009 but waited to see what the bank would say when the refused my offer. Now within the space of a week I'm being threatened like there's no tomorrow.
    Sorry for the long post but I don't know what to do...

We are not allowed to give legal advice here but even though you heard nothing from the bank you should have made enquiries. I'm not sure why they would delay so much in getting back to you though, it won't work well for them, but you just ignoring it won't work well for you either.

Next port of call would be a call to the bank, and debt collection agency about figuring out how to pay it back. If no luck then you may contact a Solicitor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Do not engage with the debt collection company. Deal with the bank directly.

A bit silly just to leave it they way you did by the way

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

The bank can assign debts to a debt collection agency.

Simple as that.

I'd be slow to suggest anything that might look like legal advice, but pay back what you can, in instalments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement