Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARC not working ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Silly question but did you try both HDMI sockets ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

All hdmi cables should be equally capable of video and picture, however it is possible that an actual 1.4 spec cable is required.

And I agree with Zener there, its common for only one port on a telly to support ARC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the tv not have to have a dedicated hdmi arc port...generally labelled as hdmi 1(arc)
    If so I'm fairly certain the tv does not have that port

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭andy1249

All hdmi cables should be equally capable of video and picture, however it is possible that an actual 1.4 spec cable is required.

No its not , in fact there is no such thing as a 1.4 spec cable or a 1.x anything cable.

Those numbers refer to the chipset within your electronics and have nothing to do with the cable.
    If you see those numbers on any packaging for a cable , or if you are told that a "HDMI 1.4" cable is needed over any other "version" cable , then this is pure dishonesty on the part of the manufacturer or seller.

All HDMI cables ever made do ARC.
    This is the official site for all things HDMI ...

http://www.hdmi.org/consumer/buying_guide.aspx

Now to the heart of the issue ....

ARC is an Optional feature of the HDMI 1.4 specification , manufacturers can choose to implement it or not depending on device , in this case , the TV does not support ARC.

You need to look for the support for the features you need and not the HDMI version numbers.

If a TV Supports ARC it will do so usually on just one of the HDMI sockets , and this one will be clearly labelled as ARC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

I recently set-up two similar Panasonic sound bar,one for self and one for my son.I had advised him to get a couple of HDMI leads before I traveled only to be told that he had two in the house and we could set it up with one of the them. Each of the HDMI leads he had was 5 metres long that he was using for connecting laptops to tvs.Using the arc tv and sound bar inputs both cables failed to work.Up to then I always believed that an HDMI cable was as good as any other but on taking a cable out of my grandsons xbox and using that the sound-bar jumped into life.TMULL

• Advertisement
Advertisement