Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Zenit St Petersburg. 8.05pm Kickoff(ITV1)

• 21-02-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool v Zenit St Petersburg Europa R32 Second Leg.
    Zenit lead 2-0 from the first leg and kickoff is 8.05 pm.
    ITV1 showing this so if you have Sky Digital you can watch in HD for free :)
    The (rumoured) Liverpool team for tonight: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Suarez

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

3-1 Liverpool but the away goal to k/o them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't see us not conceding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Liverpool not shown enough "fight" this season to suggest they have a chance. 0-0 or 1-0 to Zenith with a late goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

A few years ago I believed we could turn anything around and we usually did. I don't even think we'll get a sweat tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Biggest question of the night is re UPC.

During this campaign they have blocked ESPN and ITV4 without a second thought but with Liverpools game on the main ITV/UTV channel tonight, one wonders whether their front men will have the balls to click the 'programme not available in the ROI' button come 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

During this campaign they have blocked ESPN and ITV4 without a second thought but with Liverpools game on the main ITV/UTV channel tonight, one wonders whether their front men will have the balls to click the 'programme not available in the ROI' button come 8pm.

Well was the Spurs game on last week?

Liverpool need to get an early goal and with out Skrtel they might be able to hold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Well was the Spurs game on last week?

Was Spurs scheduled for ITV1 last week?
    Flicked to ITV4 and ESPN and whichever game was on both was blocked so watched it on SetantaIrl without checking anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Simple answer is change to Sky :)

(obviously you won't get it installed before the game)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If Lucas starts and Liverpool create as many chances as they did last week then they should do enough to at least take it to penalties.

We need to score in the first 25 minutes to give ourselves a decent shot at it. If its 0-0 after 55 minutes then its over.

I'm confident of Liverpool going through as long as Lucas starts and Shelvey and Allen don't.

Reina

Johnson-Carragher-Agger-Enrique

Lucas--Gerrard

Downing----Henderson----Suso/Sterling

Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Or just watch it on a HD stream with your fibre-powered broadband?!

Couldn't justify switching to Sky and having to lose the only decent quality broadband on the market.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    If Lucas starts and Liverpool create as many chances as they did last week then they should do enough to at least take it to penalties.

We need to score in the first 25 minutes to give ourselves a decent shot at it. If its 0-0 after 55 minutes then its over.

I'm confident of Liverpool going through as long as Lucas starts and Shelvey and Allen don't.

Reina

Lucas--Gerrard

Suarez
    I don't think it's over if it's still 0-0 at 55 minutes but of course it will be difficult.
    At least if it's like that there won't be an away goal yet and if Liverpool put in 1 goal soon after that Zenit might wilt.
    Hopefully Liverpool do get at least one goal in the first half without conceeding

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Or just watch it on a HD stream with your fibre-powered broadband?!

Couldn't justify switching to Sky and having to lose the only decent quality broadband on the market.

I'm with Sky for TV and UPC for broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I see no reason why we can't do it. I'm not saying we will do it, but we definitely can, and I think we have a better chance than some think.

We have had 2 types of home match in the last few months:

1. We dominate possession and chances and score early and go on to win very comfortably.
    2. We dominate possession and chances, fail to convert them early and the opposition grows in confidence. 2nd half we continue to dominate, but it really becomes anyone's game as the opposition look as dangerous (or more so) on the break than we do in attacking possession.

If it's the first type of match we can definitely score the goals needed. I know this is a better team than Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland and Fulham, but in recent home matches these teams have all been tonked. When we have our tails up we're well capable of getting the goals.

Of course it might well go the other way - an early Zenit goal would all but kill the tie. Or a solid defensive performance from Zenit and a failure to score early might see the game peter out 0-0.

But an early goal and we've got every chance. More and more I've come to believe that an early goal (or lack of an early goal) decides these home games for us. The first 20-25 minutes is absolutely key and the tie may well be won or lost in this period. We score early and I'd almost put us as favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Super-Rush wrote: »

Reina

Lucas--Gerrard

Suarez

Ha I swear I didn't read your post before posting mine! Couldn't agree more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Was Spurs scheduled for ITV1 last week?
    Flicked to ITV4 and ESPN and whichever game was on both was blocked so watched it on SetantaIrl without checking anywhere else.

Yea from last week until the final 1 game will be on the main ITV channel every match day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Keeping a clean sheet for as long as possible is far more important, I also think an early goal might not be a huge help. With a huge amount of time left it left it might be hard to know if they should keep pushing or sit back a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What happens if we score between the 25th and 55th minute?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't subscribe to the theory that it's over if it's still 0-0 with 20 to go. I think we will go at them like a blue arsed fly, buzz around ineffectively, then get a poxy goal after 58 mins or so, and then concede after 66 to end the tie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Game is on 3e too, so should be easy to watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

event wrote: »
    Game is on 3e too, so should be easy to watch it

3e is NEVER easy to watch. Or listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

any confirmed team news yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Corner markets are back up on paddypower :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

MOAR CORNERZ!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    MOAR CORNERZ!

over 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    over 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

This definitely seems like a game packed with corners, and Liverpool ones.

Suarez is evens with a few bookies too to score anytime. Think it's good value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

be all out attack from the pool anyways so should be goals, problem is there could be for both sides. i can see us getting two

RT @LFC: Confirmed team v Zenit: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Suarez. #LFC

Subs : Gulacsi, Coates, Wisdom, Shelvey, Assaidi, Suso, Sterling

so rumoured team from earlier was correct

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

3 nil.

Suarez and Henderson to get the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

retalivity wrote: »
    RT @LFC: Confirmed team v Zenit: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Suarez. #LFC

Subs : Gulacsi, Coates, Wisdom, Shelvey, Assaidi, Suso, Sterling

so rumoured team from earlier was correct

The bench is very young and not a whole lot on it to frighten the visitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Allen HAS to be next to Lucas. Madness if he's further forward. Still think it'll be a lovely partnership in time as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Big game needed from Allen tonight. No fannying about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

will be watching with my Liverpool loving missus over here on holiday in San Diego.

as long as Suarez is not isolated, we've a good chance.

these fúckers better not let us down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

3e is NEVER easy to watch. Or listen to.

kirsth1.jpg

When Kirsteen comes on it's easy watching :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Im nervous...and at work :(

Pity that two players that I think could make something happen are cup tied in Coutinho and Sturridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

joe123 wrote: »
    Im nervous...and at work :(

Pity that two players that I think could make something happen are cup tied in Coutinho and Sturridge.

With no Sturridge l think we dont have the ability to get the needed goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

With no Sturridge l think we dont have the ability to get the needed goals.

Gerrard didnt shy away from any questions on that ITV interview there. Especially regarding the young players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

carragher to score the 3rd goal in the last minute to win the game 3-0 and for the kop to go wild :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Come on the pool...4-1 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

zenit lad taken out by the corner flag :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

With a moustache like that, i assume Spalletti solves mysteries in his spare time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Unlucky with the first touch but a sign of things to come hopefully

"Downing can cross." :pac:

gerrard ccertainly cant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What is with Gerard and these frees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Townsend: He over hit that, just a little bit.

No **** Andy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

That kind of interception there is what is needed more often. Must make better use of 'em.

• Advertisement
Advertisement