Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Zenit St Petersburg. 8.05pm Kickoff(ITV1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

He panicked with those subs, don't think Rodgers is the answer to be honest . A good run in the league is a most

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well isn't that very easy to say after the event?

Some were saying it at the time when it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

markie29 wrote: »
    i think all liverpool fans think he is a legend one mistake doesnt change that

One mistake? He has been doing things like that over the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

shelvey is dreadful !!
    Again. I just dont see the few positives in his play outweighing his many negatives. Nothing in his play has improved in the last 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

daithijjj wrote: »
    After the event?, half of the internet was saying it when it happened.

I know, I don't understand the subs either, maybe there was a reason it.

Just feel it's very easy to use that when we lost and they probably ran out of steam after climbing a mountain.

You can't blame the manager for everything after coming back from 3 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That Carra mistake will haunt me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

jesus lads carra's fcuk up and the peno not awarded us cost us the game, everything else worked well and we won 3-1 ...

give over yer slating of the manager again,he couldnt do anything about either of the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Some amount of people in this thread with a nonsensical vendetta. Tbh the ABB (anyone but brendan) posters have completely ruined this forum for me. It's tunnel vision ever single time and then silence when we actually do anything.

We won 3-1 tonight. It wasn't enough. It was however a good performance and we still had chances when we made those subs to win it.

Anyway off to play fifa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

G.K. wrote: »

The mental fortitiude shown tonight was very encouraging, I must add.

^^this^^

BUT

the the subs and the disapointment eclipse the positivity of the performance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Suppose we should blame Rodgers for gifting them the away goal that sunk us...

I thought we would/could have won if we didnt let them score but alas stupid defending or lack of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Some amount of people in this thread with a nonsensical vendetta. Tbh the ABB (anyone but brendan) posters have completely ruined this forum for me. It's tunnel vision ever single time and then silence when we actually do anything.

We won 3-1 tonight. It wasn't enough. It was however a good performance and we still had chances when we made those subs to win it.

Anyway off to play fifa.

This a thousand times. The come crawling out when he lose or get knocked out.

They keep very quiet when things go our way. Oh but sure they are all little managers in their own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

They should make a statue of Suarez in the familiar pose of him hand up claiming for a handball.

The ironing is so delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Its sickening having watched The team win 3-1 and still feel gutted.

quarryman wrote: »
    They should make a statue of Suarez in the familiar pose of him hand up claiming for a handball.

Or one of him in the more familiar pose of kissing his wrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That Carra mistake will haunt me.

Ah will ya quit?! Talk about hyperbole, it's not a european final :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I know, I don't understand the subs either, maybe there was a reason it.

Just feel it's very easy to use that when we lost.

He took two of the fittest players we have off and brought on two players who havent featured much. It was amateurish to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Rodgers and Shelvey taking the hit for a substitution that didn't work out over Carra handing then the deciding goal is hilarious.

joe123 wrote: »

They keep very quiet when things go our way. Oh but sure they are all little managers in their own right.

In all fairness I like Rodgers and what he is doing with the team. I just can not understand why he brought on two subs just when we scored a goal and had Zenit on the back foot. Both Allen and Hendo were doing well. Hell if he subbed Carra then I would understand but to take off two lads who were clearly doing well really baffles me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rodgers must take some blame for that last halfhour.

very confusing substitutions.

Henderson off was silly because of his energy, and quality of course.

Allen off was silly as he was having a good game, and scored.

Shelvey on was retarded.

naive game management from Rodgers, but the players really put a great shift in by and large.

feel for Carra.

unbelievable crowd throughout. well fúcking in Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We created two brilliant chances and should have had a penalty after the subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Not really. Zenit aren't great.

Considering their season has yet to get into full flow, I was impressed by them.

He took two of the fittest players we have off and brought on two players who havent featured much. It was amateurish to be honest.

Are you for real?!?! Allen was huffing coming off the pitch. He was done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

D'Agger wrote: »
    Rodgers and Shelvey taking the hit for a substitution that didn't work out over Carra handing then the deciding goal is hilarious.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

quarryman wrote: »

You can do better than that.

C-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

its very sad too see rodgers been blamed all the time. carra made a simple mistake thats it. he doesnt make the mistake we quite possibly go through.
    we were decent enough tonight but our defence and week bench are the problems. we looked vulnerable at the back and when your expecting miracles from shelvey , well enough said really

Strange interview on ITV only one question and nothing about the subs.

Leiva wrote: »

C-

He can't tbf... thats his ceiling. It's just a very low one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

royaler83 wrote: »
    Ah will ya quit?! Talk about hyperbole, it's not a european final :rolleyes:

Neither was Traore's OG against Burnley or Gerrards backpass against Chelsea, or Riise's against chelsea in the CL, but I'll still never forget them. Some mistakes just get under your skin.

• Advertisement

Strange interview on ITV only one question and nothing about the subs.

Crap missed it...anything of note?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

You'll never moan alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

5starpool wrote: »
    They weren't dead on their feet after 58 minutes though, especially Henderson.

Allen was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Leiva wrote: »

C-
    He can't really, it's a no grade most of the time. ;)

Double Subs made at the wrong time, abysmal decisions to be perfectly honest.

Why does every defeat have to be blamed on a single decision by the manager all the time.

It's ridiculous, he nearly pulled it off, subs are questionable, but poor finishing last week and poor defending tonight cost us the tie.

It' not all down to the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool were unlucky and can hold heads high, but the superior team is through.

Zenit deserved that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He can't tbf... thats his ceiling. It's just a very low one.

If he comes out from under his bridge the sky is the limit.

Are you for real?!?! Allen was huffing coming off the pitch. He was done.

Some players are huffing after 5 mins, Henderson always looks fked after every run he makes and he covers the most ground when he plays a full game.

Shelvey has given nothing to the team in the last while and then is thrown into that game?. Meh, bad decisions.

joe123 wrote: »

:rolleyes:

The people who "have been crawling out" post nearly every day

Crap missed it...anything of note?

No, he just spoke about quality and character and dominating after going a goal down and the reporter just said thank you very much and didn't ask anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Bad decisions by a country mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I won't knit pick over bad points tonight we put in a great performance and came up short . Nobody deserves any criticism after tonight now its time to start being more consistent and finish the premier league as strong as we can .

Why does every defeat have to be blamed on a single decision by the manager all the time.

It's ridiculous, he nearly pulled it off, subs are questionable, but poor finishing last week and poor defending tonight cost us the tie.

It' not all down to the manager.

I never referred to the whole tie. You answered the question yourself in bold and i (and plenty of others) made reference to the subs when they happened. So lets move on from the picking on the manager all the time stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Liverpool were unlucky and can hold heads high, but the superior team is through.

Zenit deserved that.

Over the 2 legs, I think it's a stretch to say the superior team went through. Our own errors cost us in both, with one player in particular handing out most of the punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Anyway off to play fifa.

Some may have a vendetta, but there's also room to criticise the manager when the occasion arises. There was no need to make those subs. We had the momentum.

Especially when you consider that Rodgers was making those subs just before we scored the third goal. Once the little genius scored, he should have held off and let the momentum continue.

Instead he ultimately disrupted it by making those changes. Henderson coming off in particular annoyed me. Just give it five minutes and then take off Allen if you're certain about that.

I'm not anti Rodgers by any means, i'm all for giving him time. But where i'd be questioning people for calling for his head already, i'm certainly not going to let him get away scot free when i feel he should be criticised.

In saying that, we lost this tie in the first leg. You can make all the planning you like, but how do you account for a world class forward like Luis Suarez wasting four guilt edge chances to get away goals or even tonight with Carra's back pass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

rodgers won't see next season now anyway, precedent has been set with rafa and kenny being sacked after much much better seasons

wtf is hulk doing playing in the russian league, he should be with one of the top clubs in europe, terrific player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Lucas is a ****ing beast.

had a poor enough game imo :( hasn't been at his best since the he came back from the injuries.

Thought Gerrard wasn't great in the first half, was better in the second unlucky with the shot into the ground, great save.

Luis wasn't so great all night in play on the ball. But 2 nice free kicks... the second was was awesome, the curl he got on it was unreal

From what i saw from Assiadi he looks good, hope he gets a few more games on under his belt and is ready for next season.

Zenit very composed on the ball imo (but they got a lot of breaks) we should learn from them.

i didnt see the handball incident, was it blatant?

Good come back and we showed alot of courage, but are different team with Sturridge in it though. Need to add bulk to the team (especially centre of midfield) and with a few more quality players but the signs are there that we could be a good team. I dont think we need to sell anyone just add and make the squad better as the bench tonight wasn't great.

The crowd should get a mention also, very vocal and totally behind the team..sure beats the atmosphere at the west brom game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Over the 2 legs, I think it's a stretch to say the superior team went through. Our own errors cost us in both, with one player in particular handing out most of the punishment.

You kinda contradict yourself by saying your errors.

That was something Zenit did not do. Hence better team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Some effort ftom the team. Shouldnt have taken hendo off.
    Every substitution is a gamble. Rodgers probably wanted a more offensively minded player on, someone that could score or do something to conjure up a goal from the centre. The only player on the bench that fits those criteria was Shelvey.

Who else on the bench or in the club would you have put on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

5live wrote: »
    Every substitution is a gamble. Rodgers probably wanted a more offensively minded player on, someone that could score or do something to conjure up a goal from the centre. The only player on the bench that fits those criteria was Shelvey.

Who else on the bench or in the club would you have put on?

sterling..suso even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

rossie1977 wrote: »

wtf is hulk doing playing in the russian league, he should be with one of the top clubs in europe, terrific player

Money?

• Advertisement
Advertisement