Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7??????

• 21-02-2013 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭

So the majority of people don't rate RE6...i'm undecided as i've barely played..cleared chpt 1 of leon is all...just not getting time to play....and my ps3 had another YLOD issue...maybe i might get some play in this weekend...

So what do you all want to see in the next main RE game.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

And the award for most impatient player of the Resi franchise goes to...... :)
    You're after completing one chapter out of 20.... Play all 20 with an open mind and if you keep an open mind you should enjoy it.
    And do ya know what, crack open a couple of beers while playing it, the previous games did not benifit from this, but it introduces a level of excitement and spontaneity.... plus lots of shouting at the screen and unload clips of machine gun ammo you may otherwise have hoarded :D ... You'll be screamming SIMMONNNNNSSSS!!!!!!! in no time.
    You really have to let yourself be open minded about the game.... people complain about how the series evolved, but 50% of what the originals used to make you uneasy was set camera angles.... if they released a game like that now, there would b f**king war. the other 50% was made up by giving you limited ammo, which they still do in this game, just the consequences for dying aren't as extreme anymore, this is also an area NOONE would have patience for if it was based of the original games anymore. Imagine dying and having to Restart the entire 1 hour+ long chapters... madness...
    The kind of people that generally hate on Resi 6 are the same people who will never watch the US Office as it's "not as good as the UK Office" or watch the Inbetweeners movie as they didn't think the simpsons movie was as good as the show.... if ya get my point....
    The kind of people who will ALWAYS have a problem with change or progress.
    I'm willing to admit Resi 6 has faults and is not the strongest game in the series, heck I even think the graphics in 5 were better. But it's a good 30+ hour ride and has some decent online capability and game modes (the one where you can play as zombies in other players campaigns is fun for an hour or so anyhow)....

RANT OVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Easy there Cormac..i was only opening it up for people to have a chat...
    Have made progress and enjoying it for sure...i know its moved away from original game and had too but am glad to see some old style survival horror...RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN moments cos i have fup all ammo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah that rant would have been better placed as a comment on some negative interview I guess. It's a fun game. The lack of ammo creates a sense of anxiety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

i'm enjoying that element of it
    i love using kicks, bulldogs and body slams from Leon
    it is a great laugh at times but that bloody helena is a pain, i'd much prefer Hunnigan as the ai partner ;) or ADA.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah that rant would have been better placed as a comment on some negative interview I guess. It's a fun game. The lack of ammo creates a sense of anxiety

It's kind of anachronistic when Resident Evil isn't even survival horror anymore. In the old games it created a sense of anxiety. In RE6 it creates a sense of frustration as you're forced to awkwardly kickbox gun-toting zombies to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Gearhead1395

snausages wrote: »
    It's kind of anachronistic when Resident Evil isn't even survival horror anymore. In the old games it created a sense of anxiety. In RE6 it creates a sense of frustration as you're forced to awkwardly kickbox gun-toting zombies to death.

Yeah, I mean, there's not really an excuse for what the games have become. You could justify Dead Space 3 because the Necromorphs are no longer a threat, but in a franchise where they could just make a new virus you have wriggle room. I've only played the RE6 demo, so I can't say anything about it truly, but fighting those damn insurgents annoyed me. The same goes for RE4 and 5 but at least they came up with some alright monster designs! They're getting lazy now.

Which is kind of embarrassing for me since I loved Operation Raccoon City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hopefully it will return to its Survival Horror roots, the last two games have been terrible.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/59414/resident-evil-7-to-go-back-to-surivival-horror-roots-name-drops-the-last-of-us-and-tomb-raider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get Resident Evil: Revelations, it's the best in the series since RE4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A plot that isn't a total clusterf*ck that looks like it was written by a 12 year old after eating too much sugar would be a nice start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bring back Claire Redfield.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't really care that Resi isn't survival horror anymore. Since Resi 2 the series couldn't really be called survival horror anyway other than the Resi Remake.

All I want is a good game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

2, 4 and 5 were my favourites. Haven't played 6 yet but I played the demo and wasn't mad on it...

I'd be quite happy with another COD wannabe shooter if they manage to make it entertaining and fun to play. People go on and on about how it needs to return to it's "survival horror roots" but tbh all I want is a Res game that I enjoy. Be that a shooter, survival horror, platform er, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I don't really like that they're just namedropping currently popular stuff like Tomb Raider and The Last of Us. It used to be an industry leader but now it's just a follower :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fu*k Crapcom and their 'intentions for future resi games going back to their core fans'. Everyone told them the direction they were going with 6 was too far from the what made the franchise so good. Their response was 'COD makes millions of dollars so that's what we have to aim for'. Now they realise how bad Resi 6 was (I only played Leon's part, Had some nice ideas but got tedius. Then hearing the other 2 chapters were MORE actiony, I gave up on it) they are doing a 180. Have zero trust in them to make another proper Resi game.

Best I can hope for is a Resi 2 REmake that isn't a complete balls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Personally, not a fan of 4-6 in the series. Don't get me wrong, they are decent games (more so 4) but they don't do anything for me like previous installments. I'll just have to keep dusting off the Game Cube for a while more.

Advertisement