Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with NCB cert with 123.ie

Options
  • 21-02-2013 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I'd be very grateful if someone could enlighten me?

I got my first renewal pack with 123, good price, car 13 yrs old, small, and am only driving 11 years. I sent them a 10 year NCB cert last year but this year they are sending me a 6 yr NCB cert.

On speaking to them, they say 6 yrs is the max discount they give BUT i knew the top discount was 6 years but i have all the policy docs, t&c, etc printed and nowhere to my recollection does it say that my NCB cert would also be 6 years. I'll take the 6 as the price suits BUT how do i prove to any other insurer that i have 11 years NCB.

Also, if they can do this, what's the point of NCB insurance? Confused!

Any help would be appreciated,
    Teelady

PS was with the same company for the first 10 years so all this is new to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

All insurance company's are the same, your not going to get any more of a reduction if it's 11 or 6 years that you have no claims,

Don't know why but that's the way they all do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 teelady

thanks gustafo,

I suppose what i want to know is if they all have different limits, as obviously quinn gave me 10 years, how does it affect me going to a new company? Do i send in my quinn 10 yr ncb and 123 6 yr one to prove i have 11 years claim free?

If they now all cut off at 6 at least it's consistent....

Advertisement