Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help wanted : snugpak pile vs sleeka

Options
  • 21-02-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all I'm buying a new jacket and the snugpak sleeka and the pile fit my criteria. Just wanted to know does anyone know the difference between the jackets? or the difference between the normal version and the elite?
    I have been looking on the website trying to compare but it was no help , and i even contacted them by email and they referred me back to their website !
    While one has pile insulation the other has their own branded softie insulation anyone know which one is better ?
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

Hi all I'm buying a new jacket and the snugpak sleeka and the pile fit my criteria. Just wanted to know does anyone know the difference between the jackets? or the difference between the normal version and the elite?
    I have been looking on the website trying to compare but it was no help , and i even contacted them by email and they referred me back to their website !
    While one has pile insulation the other has their own branded softie insulation anyone know which one is better ?
    Thanks for your help

The Pile Jacket is designed to be worn instead of a layering system, ie. base layer, mid weight fleece, hard shell. It is water resistant and windproof but not waterproof and while moving you will stay warm while wet. When you stop you will get cold though. It should be a tight enough fit as it is not designed as a pure over layer. It is very bulky to pack if just carrying as a warm over layer. I find them too warm to wear while walking unless it is at freezing point but I do run hot.

The Sleeka Jacket is purely a warm over layer with better pack-ability. Softie insulation is Snugpaks equivalent to primaloft etc. It should be sized to fit over all of your layers. It is also windproof but not very rainproof.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

what about RAB super light and warm .

Advertisement