Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple and Plum tree advice for back garden.

• 21-02-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We have an average sige garden (weird triangular shape as it is a corner site). the diagonal part is about 14M long.

We wanted to plant a few trees but still leave enough room for our young kids to run around in.

We were thinking of getting an apple tree and a plum tree. Now the apple trees can come in two sizes 6ft and then one that can grow to around 10ft.

I was worried about them growing a good out and then talking away from garden room but then I was thinking that you could just cut away the branches that were sticking out too much. You could cut branches that were popping out under 6ft completely.

My concern is will this mean the tree will look stupid?

Many thanks.

Advertisement