Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4s stuck in recovery mode

• 21-02-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭

Most times when I tried to update something similar has happened. I am getting a Nexus 4 or something less infuriating. I notice too that iTunes was redesigned to make it less usable. Having a visible menu bar obviously wasn't stylish. The phone isn't recognised from iTunes so that doesn't matter, anyhow.

I plugged the phone into the computer to update. I cleared space to ensure an update would work. Presumably I hadn't cleared enough space, as it locked up in recovery mode yet again. Why Apple could not halt the process and say there is no space for newest iOS is unfathomable. There was a message that it didn't update, and now the phone shows the iTunes logo and a cable on screen. I pressed home and off to reset, as I have a recent backup. iTunes, as I said doesn't see any phone connected, nor for that matter my computer.

I read posts on the Apple support forums, and here. Nothing helps. I'd prefer not to use third party programs, as if I have to, I really should get a different phone.

Also the phone is absolutely standard. It lacks only the latest update, and isn't jailbroken, although I should Evasion or something and not have my phone brick every update, every single one. I needed both 6.1.1 and 6.1.2, but I avoid updating as much as I can, as it usually goes wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Most times when I tried to update something similar has happened. I am getting a Nexus 4 or something less infuriating. I notice too that iTunes was redesigned to make it less usable. Having a visible menu bar obviously wasn't stylish. The phone isn't recognised from iTunes so that doesn't matter, anyhow.

I plugged the phone into the computer to update. I cleared space to ensure an update would work. Presumably I hadn't cleared enough space, as it locked up in recovery mode yet again. Why Apple could not halt the process and say there is no space for newest iOS is unfathomable. There was a message that it didn't update, and now the phone shows the iTunes logo and a cable on screen. I pressed home and off to reset, as I have a recent backup. iTunes, as I said doesn't see any phone connected, nor for that matter my computer.

I read posts on the Apple support forums, and here. Nothing helps. I'd prefer not to use third party programs, as if I have to, I really should get a different phone.

Also the phone is absolutely standard. It lacks only the latest update, and isn't jailbroken, although I should Evasion or something and not have my phone brick every update, every single one. I needed both 6.1.1 and 6.1.2, but I avoid updating as much as I can, as it usually goes wrong.
    if you want the menu bar it is in the options just tick it to on.

secondly if you are doing the update of your phone it does tell you weather you have enough space to do the update or not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

shanec1928 wrote: »
    if you want the menu bar it is in the options just tick it to on.

secondly if you are doing the update of your phone it does tell you weather you have enough space to do the update or not..

Eh, I know how to get the menu back. If I didn't, I might ask that question.

It can give a message, but it would have worked if the phone was empty.

Now could someone tell me how to get out of Recovery Mode. DFU mode is not the solution. I was doing that from the start. It appeared to help last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

It was as I suspected. The new iTunes on my computer couldn't detect it. It worked fine on an old laptop with the old iTunes and the same cable. It detected the phone and even states how long is left with the download. Helpful things like that were not fashionable enough for the new look iTunes. And I had to download all my apps again from the app store purchased tab. Nexus 4 or Galaxy Note 2 or any dozen big screen Android phones? Hmmm.

Advertisement