Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed for Sumo Robot

Options
  • 21-02-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey, I'm in college at the moment and we have to make an autonomous sumo robot for a module this semester.

It's going to run using a PIC microcontroller powering two DC motors and two servo motors, as well as ultrasonic sensors. I don't have all the details at the moment, as we're still at the design stage.

What I'm wondering is how viable of an option would it be to use lithium ion batteries, maybe recycled from a mobile phone or something instead of 9v batteries or AAs.

Would this give us extended battery life over the 9v or would it make much of a difference? We can gain an extra ten percent if our robot wins a small competition in the class, so any advantage helps.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement