Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian jobs for graduate

Options
  • 21-02-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi does anybody know of a good place to look for jobs in Canda for someone with 1 years experience in IT.

I don't mind a graduate salary but most of the job sites I'm finding are asking for 3+ years of experience in everything. How does one start?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    I don't mind a graduate salary but most of the job sites I'm finding are asking for 3+ years of experience in everything. How does one start?

the same way you would in ireland: graduate programs, internships, network with people, etc.
    I know that for IT, a lot of the larger companies have co-op programs with local universities & colleges that offer 3-6 months paid work with the possibility of a junior position at the end if the person fits & impresses. So im not sure if that would be hindrance to someone coming in on the boat.

talentegg.ca is a site that offers graduate, entry level & co-op jobs in a variety of fields that might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Hi does anybody know of a good place to look for jobs in Canda for someone with 1 years experience in IT.

Thanks guys

What branch of IT?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KevinFQB1

I am in the same boat, IT (multimedia) graduate but no industry experience. Any help here will be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

What branch of IT?

apologies for the late reply. but I am in Web development. About 1 years of experience. Any help here would be fantastic. I'm struggling to find a a site dedicated to my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

I went to Canada straight after college with a science degree with no experience in my relevant industry. I found it very difficult to get anything beyond crappy retail jobs for about 9 months. I eventually got a great job with a hell of a lot of persistence. To be honest, your degree means very little to Canadian employers. Its all about work experience, more specifically, CANADIAN work experience. My advice is to do as much as you can to get in contact with employers and agencies while you are still in Ireland. Otherwise, you will be in for a very long job hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

apologies for the late reply. but I am in Web development. About 1 years of experience. Any help here would be fantastic. I'm struggling to find a a site dedicated to my needs.

You might be better off freelancing if you can make some contacts. Very competitive over here in the web design front. The mother in law used to do it but packed it in because the wages had plummeted due to all the graduates available to do stuff minimum wage

Advertisement