Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising Billboard

Options
  • 21-02-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right area (probably not!). I was just wonderng if anyone knew how to go about renting an advertising hoarding on Baggot St for a couple of days. I am out of the country at present but presume the first step would be to contact whatever company name appears on the bottom of the billboard frame (don't know who they are as yet)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

If it's a certain billboard in Dublin you want, look at it and it might say who owns it. You might not get a few days I know the places where I have advertised had a minimum of 14 days. If your wanting your ad up for a certain day just ask them about the days they put the posters up because if you want it up on a certain day you might have to book it in for two or three days before hand depending on what days they put up the posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

If it's a certain billboard in Dublin you want, look at it and it might say who owns it. You might not get a few days I know the places where I have advertised had a minimum of 14 days. If your wanting your ad up for a certain day just ask them about the days they put the posters up because if you want it up on a certain day you might have to book it in for two or three days before hand depending on what days they put up the posters.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PC_DAVE

Hello All,
    Can anyone here advise on the do's and don't's of parking trailers in your fields on the side of a road and selling advertising space?
    The NRA just finished with our place and have created and 4 lane bypass through our farm.
    I'm looking into the idea of parking a few trailers at either side of the road(in our fields) and selling advertising space on them.
    Any idea if there is a business model out there already for this.
    1)What type/size of trailers I would need?
    2)Can the County Council stop this?
    3)What sort of pricing I should be pitching this at
    4)Who pays for the printing of the advertising
    5)Typically how long is the advertising cycle etc?
    6)Should I be including lighting etc?
    7)How does one go about selling the advertising (is this a door to door thing?
    Any advice would be much appreciated
    I'm based in Kerry by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I remember hearing on the radio a few years ago about the NRA trying to get all roadside trailers banned due to them being a distraction to drivers. So if you have to apply for planning permission, then they may object.
    The counter argument at the time was all the huge 'funded by the EU' type signs the NRA has littered across the motorways!
    You might want to stick a similar post up in the farming forum and see if anyone has been through a similar situation to yourself and they may be able to answer your questions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement