Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar shop in Sligo town

Options
  • 21-02-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi folks,
    where can i look at guitars and guitar equipment in sligo town?
    i am not familiar with any shop that sells this stuff there?
    any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

There used to be a musical instrument shop up Highstreet but I think that they are now closed.
    The only other option in Sligo is, I believe, The Record Room in Grattan Street.
    Outside of Sligo I'd think the nearest is Ballina or Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

Ya just the Record Room I'm afraid, but that's not really too great if it's an electric guitar yer after, Ballina used to have a couple of music shops but they're gone now, suppose the nearest place to sligo would be ITmusic in Kiltimagh, it's actually a great shop, plenty of choice and a practice room so ya can have a good loud test with any guitar ;) aside from that, it would be Galway or Letterkenny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Thomann. Thomann. As much as I want Irish €€'s to stay with local businesses, you'll get a wider range, and better quality for much cheaper at Thomann on line store.

They deliver in a few days, and gear and instruments come with guarantee.

All you need is a credit card, you'll save big time with better choice and quality.

Go on! Rock the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I think thomann- http://www.thomann.de/ie/index.html - if you refers to the same as I is German shop;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

I'd have to say Thomann myself. The only downside is that you can't physically play it before you buy, but with enough research into the guitar you want that shouldn't be much of a problem. Also, they offer 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee so if you really didn't like it you can send it back, but at your own expense. We have 2 guitars from them in the house and couldn't be happier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Thomann. Have 1 electric and a mandolin I bought from them. No problems. Bought loads of other bits and pieces from them as well. Good prices, massive selection and money back guarantee.
    The Record Room has only a few token instruments and amps. Most musicians I know only buy strings, leads, picks, straps etc. there. They used to have the Music Room on Harmony Hill (where Gingham Duck is now). Wasn't a bad spot. It's a shame there isn't somewhere better around but what can you do?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ceol01

i agree about thomann the best thing to do is physically find and play the instrument you want get a price on it and then see what Thomann will do it for.

Advertisement