Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVI compression

Options
  • 21-02-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advice in an area I admittedly know little about.

I have to create a large number of short training videos (no audio) and for technical reasons I need them to be as small as possible, but without too much quality loss, and they need to be avi files. Also, they need to run on Windows/Linux clients, and preferably without the end users having to install any codecs (the videos will be embedded in a Lotus Notes client application.)

Shame on me, but I've created a few test videos in Windows Movie Maker but the output files are huge (45mb for 40 second clip).

So based on the above requirements, what tools/codecs would you suggest I use to reduce the size of these files?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

you could try AVS its a video converter I think theres a trial version available, then experiment with the bit rate to get the file size down
    AVS Video conveter

theres also a prog called Super© (not to be confused with one just called Super - it's not good)
    I havent used it myself but it claims to be very good at what you want...
    heres a link to that; http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

:)

Advertisement