Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repairman in the Ballina Area??

Options
  • 21-02-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi, I bought an LG 42'' plasma tv about 18 months ago; it decided to die on me a couple of weeks ago, won't switch on, just keeps clicking.
    I checked it out on AV Forums, it's a common fault that conveniently occurs when the unit isn't long out of warranty.
    It seems to be an easy fix, just to replace a resistor on the power supply motherboard, but I don't want to be messing with stuff that I wouldn't be too confident about.
    So.... Does anyone know of a reliable repairman or electronics wiz in the general Ballina area ?????

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Try Noel Coleman on Bridge Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Exact same thing happened with my 42" LG telly. I borrowed a Walkers tv and it happened again!! Are we getting power surges or something in Ballina that are causing this???

Anyway OP, have you had any luck with getting yours repaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

I got a number for a guy in Castlebar, he said that he had repaired a number of LG tv's with the same fault, he quoted me 70 euro if the fault was along the same lines

http://www.goldenpages.ie/austin-s-tv-video-service-castlebar/4/

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Thanks for the heads up. It'll be a couple of weeks before I have the funds to get the two of them fixed. You might let me know how you get on.

Advertisement