Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon refund query

Options
  • 21-02-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Has anyone dealt with groupon and got a refund ? I'm in a situation where I've booked a hotel as described by groupon but the hotel are sayin groupon should have told us to book it differently. Groupon are saying we did it the way they told us to and they should honour it. The problem is 2 weeks later groupon have no update and I tried getting a refund today and was told they are still looking into it. The person on the phone refused to put me onto her supervisor or let me talk to the person who is apparently dealing with it so Im left in a situation where they have been dragging their heels and now won't refund us until they decide to deal with it. Is there any way to bypass their customer service because I couldn't believe when she said I couldn't talk to her supervisor and feel like I'm now left with nothing to do and no one to contact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any issues I have had were dealt with on the phone fairly quickly I must say. I got money back twice I think, and was just one phone call iirc. I did use the email contact once which worked, but was slower. I would try either once again to see if you can deal with someone else that might be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Davy wrote: »
    Any issues I have had were dealt with on the phone fairly quickly I must say. I got money back twice I think, and was just one phone call iirc. I did use the email contact once which worked, but was slower. I would try either once again to see if you can deal with someone else that might be able to help you

We actually dealt with a really helpful girl first time it's the 3 calls since that have been unhelpful to the point that the last girl just point blank refused to do anything or call anyone and refused to get supervisor. Might try email see if I can get any joy. Least they have refunded you I might have a chance if I can deal with the right person.

Is there any requirement to refund us if a booking is cancelled ? Afraid they will say they won't refund us and we have flights booked so no other dates suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 purplepearls

kristok 2 wrote: »
    We actually dealt with a really helpful girl first time it's the 3 calls since that have been unhelpful to the point that the last girl just point blank refused to do anything or call anyone and refused to get supervisor. Might try email see if I can get any joy. Least they have refunded you I might have a chance if I can deal with the right person.

I had the same problem with really really rude staff who kept trying to get me to contact the company who I had bought the voucher for even though when I called them (in the UK...) they insisted it was a Groupon problem, so after a lot of ping ponging and general unhelpfulness (and each company blaming the other) I took to Twitter and discussed with Groupon..... Needless to say they got it sorted quicker then their '2 weeks for a refund" lark...

Good luck with your refund!

Advertisement