Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have been very unfairly banned.

Options
  • 21-02-2013 7:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭

I received this message from a moderator called dr.bollocko:

"Dear Bertie Woot,

You have been banned from After Hours for one week for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

dr.bollocko

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bertie Woot:
    Gay people suffer from a psychosexual disorder."

I replied with this:

"Being banned for expressing a personal opinion on homosexuality is political correctness gone mad. I strongly oppose this ban, view it as suppression of freedom of speech, and object to the accusation of being "uncivil", which I most certainly have not been. Neither have I been "aggressive, confrontational or disruptive" on the forum or been causing "stress" for the other members.

This is ridiculous and outrageous behaviour. Please restore my right to post immediately."

The answer I received was a simple "No".

I also received this from dr.bollocko:

"Your bizarre rantings are not welcome any where on this site. So if you feel particularly insulted by my actions then feel free to go away and use some other site where that kind of crap is actually tolerated."

I am appealing this very unfair and harsh ban. As a Psychology graduate, I only expressed a personal opinion on homosexuality. I have never been aggressive, confrontational or disruptive on these fora towards anyone, and I take exception and object to my forum contributions being referred to as "bizarre ranting" or "crap".

Read them for yourself, they are anything but.

Expressing a personal opinion which some posters may happen to disagree with or find objectionable is not a sufficient reason to impose a ban. That just looks like oppressive political correctness gone into overdrive. I am not a homophobe just because I express the opinion that homosexuality is a 'psychosexual disorder'. I am merely someone who has expressed an opinion, which others have the right to agree or disagree with.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm not entertaining this. I can't prevent you from holding deeply offensive opinions, but I can certainly prevent you from expressing them here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement