Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend of Grimrock II

Options
  • 21-02-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

ZEbhwIZ.jpg

Announcement Page: http://www.grimrock.net/2013/02/21/about-the-new-project/
    ...Secondly, and this is a biggie (probably more to ourselves than you!), we are now officially working on… Legend of Grimrock 2! Creating a mere DLC or expansion to Grimrock simply would not have felt right. As today’s meeting proved, we still have a lot of ideas we’d like to explore, lots and lots of new content already done (originally made for a DLC/expansion) and a big engine update in the works. Simply put, a DLC would have limited too much what we can do. With a full blown sequel we can raise Grimrock to the next level...

Legend of Grimrock was one of my favourite games of last year, here's hoping they can continue with the same high standard, or even improve on it.

Just an announcement at the moment so no dates for release or anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

ZEbhwIZ.jpg

Announcement Page: http://www.grimrock.net/2013/02/21/about-the-new-project/

Legend of Grimrock was one of my favourite games of last year, here's hoping they can continue with the same high standard, or even improve on it.

Just an announcement at the moment so no dates for release or anything.

Great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

First screenshot:

lHdhvzQ.jpg

Not very, er, dungeony.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't mind the change in scenery. Etrian Odyssey has forest dungeons that look amazing and it's less of a great dungeon crawler.

Historically outside was the new inside with these dungeon crawlers anyway was it not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know Might and Magic did it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I remember, many many years age playing the kind of game that Grimrock is the spiritual sequel of, completely outdoors. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the game(s) as you're talking nearly 20 years ago though.

http://www.grimrock.net

This is out on the 15th of October! (Might break my no pre-order rule...)

Out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Will pick this up soon. Don't have time to play it at the moment as I'm too busy with Archeage but loved the first and this is meant to be more of the same but on a bigger scale. Looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Amagad, a Dungeon Master game...! :O

• Advertisement

Great game so far but very tough at times, even on normal! Some of the puzzles can be a bit mind-bending as well. I feel like I've not made much progress despite having a decent amount of time logged so far. I also haven't come across any bows at all yet despite seeing many arrows and quarrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just finished this last night and I have to say it was fantastic from start to finish. Easily one of the best games I've played of the last few years. It is vastly bigger and better than the original in pretty much every way but it's not a necessity to have played it.

I would seriously recommend to try it out if you see it in a sale. It can be quite tough and requires a lot of planning and thinking at times but it's also very rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Bump - I'm playing through this at the moment, a few hours in. It's a joy so far, I'm playing on Normal difficulty but finding some bits fairly hard! Also have had to resort to checking out the walkthrough a good bit too, no longer have the patience for tricky puzzles :)

Anyone remember how many hours they put in to this? Think I'm about 5 hours in and not sure I've done very much...

Advertisement