Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is the best value smart phone sub €200

• 21-02-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    have htc desire but getting peed off with lack of memeory for apps 150mb i think!
    constantly on cache cleaner et al trying to keep the phone from crashing.
    I am on a bit of a budget and would not rule out a trip north also!
    slan
    john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    have htc desire but getting peed off with lack of memeory for apps 150mb i think!
    constantly on cache cleaner et al trying to keep the phone from crashing.
    I am on a bit of a budget and would not rule out a trip north also!
    slan
    john
    Buy a 32gb micro SD card for €20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Honestly, not a great time to buy a phone but here are a few options;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-I8160-Galaxy-Mobile-Phone/dp/B007H74B1I/ref=zg_bs_356496011_6

The Ace 2 is a decent phone for the money, due to be upgraded to android 4.1 soon, and is a similar side to your Desire. Won't feel as premium to your Desire tbh but does have a dual core chip which is good for a Samsung phone at this money

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-Desire-Sim-Free-Smartphone/dp/B008V7EKQE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361748817&sr=1-1

Over budget yes but this is the phone HTC hoped Desire owners would go for if they wanted to upgrade after two years of Desire ownership. Never seen one but again looks decent for the money. Maybe check out reviews on this

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-blue

This is the one I;d got for. I know its well over budget but is by far the best of the three here. Yes, the specs are similar to that of the S2 but its a nicely proportioned phone at 4", and is likely to be supported for a bit as well seeing as its fairly new still. Plenty seem to think that this phone was a cop out bu Samsung. At €350 yes, but at €250, I don;t think so. Vodafone habve only started selling at this price recently. I;m not sure what network your on but unlocking this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Nearly all reviews said this was a good phone but overpriced. Now that that price has dropped, it should be a good phone for fair money. Rumours that the S4 mini could be coming sooner than thought which might explain this sudden price drop, although the other networks are still selling this for €350

Other than that, have you considered buying used. You should be able to get a used Samsung S2 for about €200 at this stage, and they're still a very decent highly spec'd phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Buy a 32gb micro SD card for €20?

the sd card is not the issue as some apps cannot be moved to sd i find!
    had to delete FB app as its 20mb and using tweetdeck instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Why not buy a good second hand Phone.

To be honest I dont find a difference in a €69 - €299 phone. Any price below that and I would look for a second hand deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

seanin4711 wrote: »
    the sd card is not the issue as some apps cannot be moved to sd i find!
    had to delete FB app as its 20mb and using tweetdeck instead.

Are you rooted?

What ROM do you use?

Have you tried Link2SD

To use this, you need to be rooted, and be able to partition your SD Card, using Windows Mini-Tool Partition Wizard, if you use Windows, or Gparted for Linux.

There is a good description in the Play Store link above.

Hope this helps.

BTW.....

if you want a new phone, Vodafone are still selling the Hauwei Ascend on PAYG for €109.99, if you switch your existing number to Vodafone....

get a free Tesco SIM, port it to Voda, then sim unlock by purchasing an unlock code from eBay, very cheap....there is a thread about it here somewhere.

The Ascend has a very good support base over on Modaco, with lots of ROM's, including JB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement