Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute best cat vet in Dublin or close

• 21-02-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have 3 older cats who up until now have been in the care of a very good cat vet in Oxford. One of them is now acting like his kidneys are shutting down and another needs some teeth pulled. I want the best for my boys and as I've not lived here more than 8 months, I don't know where to go.

I am not worried about price but I want the best care for my boys.

Any suggestions?

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I use Anicare and have always found them fantastic - http://anicare.ie/
    I've also heard good things about Cara Vet group - http://www.caravetgroup.com/Contact_Us/Default.157.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

The guys in Beaufield veterinary centre, Celbridge, Co. Kildare are excellent. We use them all the time. We travel nearly an hr to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

I can highly recommend Paul Kelly from Ratoath. He is amazing with my cats, one of them is terrified of anyone except me and he was so gentle, the cat was scared but did not scamper and jump on me like he has done with other vets. On the evening of one visit his wife phoned me up to check on the cat and also did the following morning.

http://paulkellyvet.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

brrabus wrote: »
    I can highly recommend Paul Kelly from Ratoath.

After a recent experience with him over Xmas, i would have the exact OPPOSITE opinion of him. So big thumbs down for me for him.

Ive recommended Denis Shannon in Bull Wall lots of times on here and still stick by it. He's an excellent cat vet and ive referred a few of my friends to him, all really happy.

anniehoo wrote: »
    After a recent experience with him over Xmas, i would have the exact OPPOSITE opinion of him. So big thumbs down for me for him.

Ive recommended Denis Shannon in Bull Wall lots of times on here and still stick by it. He's an excellent cat vet and ive referred a few of my friends to him, all really happy.

Why, what happened, I have always found him to be brilliant and my neighbours use him for their dogs for over 10 years and never have had any complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

I second Anicare I find them brilliant with my 2cats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Amy Lara Vets on Malahide Road near the Artane Roundabout would be my choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Another for Anicare here too. Our cat lived to 21 years old with their help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I agree, sent a friend here on your recommendation and she was delighted with him, she's going to switch both her dogs to his practice now.

brrabus wrote: »
    Why, what happened, I have always found him to be brilliant and my neighbours use him for their dogs for over 10 years and never have had any complaints.

I needed a vet asap late Dec as the dog i was minding wasnt doing great when i first got her. She's a frail little thing now, she was even worse 2 mths ago. He genuinely looked irritated that id called him out of hours on a sunday ( I dont go to vets willy nilly) , pulled her by her coat out of the carrier (she had spinal pain which he missed on his examination), was so rough taking her bloods, turned his back on her and i just grabbed her in time before she fell off the table. He was blasé about doing bloods (she's now Cushingoid) and overall i just felt like i was bothering him. On subsequently seeing another vet the next day, she went on a drip for 2 days as she was dehydrated (wasnt eating due to being in pain) and gave her antiinflams for the spinal pain he'd missed!

• Advertisement

I needed a vet asap late Dec as the dog i was minding wasnt doing great when i first got her. She's a frail little thing now, she was even worse 2 mths ago. He genuinely looked irritated that id called him out of hours on a sunday ( I dont go to vets willy nilly) , pulled her by her coat out of the carrier (she had spinal pain which he missed on his examination), was so rough taking her bloods, turned his back on her and i just grabbed her in time before she fell off the table. He was blasé about doing bloods (she's now Cushingoid) and overall i just felt like i was bothering him. On subsequently seeing another vet the next day, she went on a drip for 2 days as she was dehydrated (wasnt eating due to being in pain) and gave her antiinflams for the spinal pain he'd missed!

Sorry to hear that, hope the dog is OK now. I got the total opposite impression from him, he was so concerned about my cat that his wife called me at 8pm and 7.30am the following morning to check on him, he was due in for an appointment at 2pm. He could not have been more concerned and he knew I was worried. He was on 24hr call out and I have no doubt that he would have come out no matter what time I called him and I stayed up with the cat all night (which I told him I was doing) so would have done if necessary.

Ah sure i know, i could've caught him on and off day but still, first impressions are paramount for me so there's not a chance ill be going back to him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Cara vets in Ballycoolin are fantastic - highly recommend for any animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Would second the vet in Beaufield Maynooth, my friends cat has kidney issues too, the vets there have given her little fella the best care ever.
    Cat is going strong 5 years later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Would second the vet in Beaufield Maynooth, my friends cat has kidney issues too, the vets there have given her little fella the best care ever.
    Cat is going strong 5 years later!

???

Do you mean Maynooth Vets or Beaufield in Celbridge?

Advertisement