Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats happening to De Brunes in Balbriggan

Options
  • 21-02-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I heard it was for sale as part of the whole lot, then I was told its no longer for sale.
    Im just nosey,anyone knwo what the story is, its an eye sore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd say it would be a hard task for anybody to get it up and running as a pub.

The place has a bit of a 'reputation'
    I'd say it will cost a bomb to buy
    Balbriggan is fairly oversupplied with pubs at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Yeah and not a decent one among them.
    It's a shame to see it boarded up .if it could be cleaned up or something. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Drove past it yesterday, that whole Block seems to be boarded up, is someone putting the entire road frontage up for sale.From the AIB to the Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Well that's the thing .i had heard it was , then it wasn't .aib is for sale for half a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

There was a proposal at one stage to demolish some of those buildings so as to bring the parklands into the town, down to the beach & attract more footfall. Dunno if that will ever happen.

• Advertisement

Eoineo wrote: »
    There was a proposal at one stage to demolish some of those buildings so as to bring the parklands into the town, down to the beach & attract more footfall. Dunno if that will ever happen.

Never going to happen really, I can't see the leaseholders of Shaves or Boylesports putting up with that without a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Eoineo wrote: »

That would be a great thing if it did happen. It would give the town a lift especially after the work being done around the Library and Bracken Court and it would link up nicely with the park in front of Harbour.
    P_1 wrote: »
    Never going to happen really, I can't see the leaseholders of Shaves or Boylesports putting up with that without a fight

If the rents were put up or there was better alternative maybe they would be happy to move.

LeoB wrote: »
    If the rents were put up or there was better alternative maybe they would be happy to move.

Boyles - Probably
    Shaves - I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 No. 4

Good road frontage, be a good spot for a takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

No. 4 wrote: »
    Good road frontage, be a good spot for a takeaway.

Or a chemist?? Is the huge number of chemists related to the huge number of take aways?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 No. 4

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Or a chemist?? Is the huge number of chemists related to the huge number of take aways?

Thats it, I'm opening a new funeral directors!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

No. 4 wrote: »
    Thats it, I'm opening a new funeral directors!

No future in that, dead end job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Nonsense, people are dying to get into it....

Advertisement