Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green tint from Printer

Options
  • 21-02-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I've an old Canon Pixma MP610 Printer with the individual cartridges
    Problem is, last night while printing with A4 Photo Paper, the photos started to come out with a green tint

This happened after changing Cyan cartridge, and continued after changing the Yellow as that was practically empty too

I replaced the Magenta the night before and had no problems.
    I even printed about 10 A4 photos which all came out perfect

These are the spurious cartridges I bought:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00966ISFI

I'd normally buy from N&J Inkjet who sell a full set for about £5 but went for this crowd due to the great price

Anyone have a similar experience? Any suggestions

Does it sound like a dicky cartridge? and considering they're coming out green ,which one?

Someone mentioned today the RGB settings, but I didn't change any settings between prints, so I'm ruling that out as they were perfect before

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

is the cartridges original or refill cartridges?

refill cartridges tend to be poorer quality. my dad used refills in his a3 all in one brother printer and the refill destroyed the printer. luckily hardly normal (harvey normans) gave him a new printer under warranty.

he also used refills on his a0 hp t1100 plotter which wrecked the print heads... luckily i was able to repair that printer cos the t1100 cost €7600 when it was new.

he no longer buys refills anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Sorted

did a nozzle test, once printed there was no magenta coming through

replaced with a new one from the last company I used and it's back to 100%, printing perfectly

Must be a dodgy batch of magenta from that supplier as both were fudged

Advertisement