Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first triathlon- Any ideas?

Options
  • 21-02-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been saying I'd do a triathlon for years and still havent got down to business. I've finally found a mate with a similar interest so we're looking for a good starter event. We've both ran a few 5K's and have good bikes. Could anyone recommend a good starter triathlon? We're both based in Dublin but dont mind travelling. I'd appreciate the help.

Cheers

Nappy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Can you swim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

www.trilaois.ie

Its my own club race and the majority of those who do it are beginners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

presuming you can swim (cos you never mentioned that bit) TriAthy which Elvis plays no small part in runs a great Tri for beginners in June, loads of newbies and great craic. Oh and its only down the road from ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Do TriAthy. June bank holiday weekend. Its a great race and doesn't have you starting at 6am etc for the sprint. Perfect for beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Thanks guys,

I can swim yes. I'll check that out now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Nappy wrote: »
    Thanks guys,

I can swim yes. I'll check that out now!

Start with a pool swim and go from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

tunney wrote: »
    Start with a pool swim and go from there!

+1. The Fingal Triathlon is at the NAC in May so plenty of time to train and it's pool based so no need to get a wetsuit yet either.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Just saw in west park gym the other day a triathlon long/short in aid of childrens hospital/Frank Duffy it's open to non members aswell might be good to do the short one get one under your belt. :) March 9th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Enter the Valentia Tri... One of the best around. The concept of swimming from the mainland to the island, the unreal scenery and the great night are all good reasons to do it...

Advertisement