Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Week 2013

Options
  • 21-02-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

Launch video just posted on ULSU Ents page:

Good to see UL Fest making a return. Thought that was a great idea last year. And 2ManyDj's are epic. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The joke video had a better line up
    The worst charity week I have seen. The main event can by slamming your face into brick wall until you pass out. As for the nearly naked mile do they have some sort of licence to do this as there is a lot of kids on campus. I wonder if it would break the euro per student mark that just seems unreachable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jester252 wrote: »
    The joke video had a better line up
    The worst charity week I have seen.

The "Line-Up" hasn't really been announced yet, so I think that's a bit harsh. The main acts are being announced next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Should be bant!:DHope 2ManyDj's aren't playing Thursday night cos ive a fluids lab the next day which were not getting off apparently.....

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The "Line-Up" hasn't really been announced yet, so I think that's a bit harsh. The main acts are being announced next week.

From a last year and this week SHAG week I'm not holding my breath

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Should be bant!:DHope 2ManyDj's aren't playing Thursday night cos ive a fluids lab the next day which were not getting off apparently.....

They're playing Thursday of Week 7. 2:54 into the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Feckin hate charity week. The bag searching at the courtyard really annoys me

Feckin hate charity week. The bag searching at the courtyard really annoys me

I just tell the Ents crew to get lost and walk on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I thought it was pretty good that they got a hold of 2manydjs after the likes of the previous acts they had last year. Apart from that though it seems like a carbon copy of last year in terms of events and not much emphasis on the Charity part.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

When're tickets on sale? Would love to see 2manydjs, but far too old for the Rag Week business so don't want to have to queue for all tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I just tell the Ents crew to get lost and walk on.
    That's very knobish behaviour to be perfectly honest. They're there to do a job and could do without grief like that.

• Advertisement

That's very knobish behaviour to be perfectly honest. They're there to do a job and could do without grief like that.
    When they let there pals through without looking at them and kick me out because and I quote "books don't belong here". Maybe if they did their "job" I wouldn't act like a knob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

When they let there pals through without looking at them and kick me out because and I quote "books don't belong here". Maybe if they did their "job" I wouldn't act like a knob
    Maybe you should bring it up with the people that hired them instead of taking your frustration out on them.

Maybe you should bring it up with the people that hired them instead of taking your frustration out on them.
    Go to their friends? I dealt with you many dick ents that I'll be damned if I follow there "orders" again.

Go to their friends? I dealt with you many dick ents that I'll be damned if I follow there "orders" again.
    I think you're being pretty unfair to be honest...you should have complained about the person who said that and get it sorted. Never had a problem with any of them myself, or anyone I know.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I think you're being pretty unfair to be honest...you should have complained about the person who said that and get it sorted. Never had a problem with any of them myself, or anyone I know.
    I've had to many problems with Ents crew throwing their weight around that I would let it happen again.

So the full line-up's being announced later. Anyone wanna take a bet as to how many outraged people will emerge on the Ents FB page regardless of the line-up? :P

Or better yet, how many people will say "Ah here, this has to be a joke right?" :pac:

Also, €20 for 2ManyDJ's... bit steep, but probably worth it if you're into that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

So the full line-up's being announced later. Anyone wanna take a bet as to how many outraged people will emerge on the Ents FB page regardless of the line-up? :P

Or better yet, how many people will say "Ah here, this has to be a joke right?" :pac:

in the other order id say alot will say both

If it's a good line-up, people won't complain. There's only one reason people would be unhappy about it. I don't hear anyone complaining about the likes of the Trinity Ball.
    Also, €20 for 2ManyDJ's... bit steep, but probably worth it if you're into that sort of thing.
    Not really. €30 to see them in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

So who is actually playing on the thursday at ul fest?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    If it's a good line-up, people won't complain. There's only one reason people would be unhappy about it. I don't hear anyone complaining about the likes of the Trinity Ball.

They complained last year even though there was a relatively decent lineup, just without the big names. :)
    Not really. €30 to see them in Dublin.

Expensive in terms of Charity Week events. €20 for one act VS €10 for UL Fest. I've no doubt that it'd be worth it, but I'd say a good few people may be turned off by that price tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Do you need to be a student to go to the 2 many djs gig? Could someone sign people in?

Apparently €50 for a banter band and they haven't even announced the UL Fest lineup. That's pretty bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Do you need to be a student to go to the 2 many djs gig? Could someone sign people in?

I asked them this inside the S.U the last day. They said it shouldn't be a problem for a non UL student.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

cup of tea wrote: »
    I asked them this inside the S.U the last day. They said it shouldn't be a problem for a non UL student.

Excellent. Thank you.

Edit: by non Ul student do you mean a student from another college? What about us working folk that a few years past student age?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

50 euro for a banter band is too much imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Wouldn't get one if it was 10...
    Not my kind of scene at all,
    Much more partial to the quietish pub,
    Light banter kind of carry on...

50 euro is outrageous though,
    Really cutting back on the spending this year,
    How many students can afford that,
    Plus beverages on top of that...

At that price I don't see them being close to sold out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Charity Week Ticket Prices:

Sunday - CW PRESESSION - €5 - Sinbin Nightclub

Monday - PaintGlow - €10 - Stables Courtyard

Tuesday - Shifter's - €5 - Sinbin Nightclub

Wednesday - Hermitage Green - €7 - SU Courtyard,
    Followed By Mash Unit & Slipm@t$ - €4 - The Orchard

Thursday - ULFest - €10 - 4 Venues (SU Courtyard, Stables, Scholars, Stables Courtyard

Friday - TGIF Red Cup Party - €2 - The Stables

Thursday 14th - 2Many DJs - €20 - SU Courtyard

There will be a limited release of Banter Bands that get you into every event of the week. - €50

Second post down;
    "50 quid for the band? ur havin a laugh"

I think there's plenty more to follow...

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

When you can see 2 many djs for free the Friday night in Galway, €20 seem expensive!

Quintis wrote: »
    When you can see 2 many djs for free the Friday night in Galway, €20 seem expensive!
    Why are people saying it's expensive when it's cheaper than seeing them in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Why are people saying it's expensive when it's cheaper than seeing them in Dublin?

I really think you don't understand the word 'free'! and it is Galway not Dublin!

Advertisement