Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Week 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

Quintis wrote: »
    When you can see 2 many djs for free the Friday night in Galway, €20 seem expensive!

Go to Galway so, and enjoy spending the money on the accommodation and the travel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Go to Galway so, and enjoy spending the money on the accommodation and the travel

This was a debate on ticket prices, and I made the point they are 'free' in Galway the next night, I wasn't being petty!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

UL Fest Line up:

Main Stage Lineup:

Paper Planes
    Red Queen Contest
    Soldiers Can't Dance
    The Dead Heavys
    Vann
    Dirty Epics
    Keywest
    Bipolar Empire

Not overly familiar with any of those, but a quick YouTube search earlier leads me to think it's an all-right line-up. May head along for an hour if I have what work I need to do this week done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Whats with the lack of hype?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    UL Fest Line up:

Main Stage Lineup:

Paper Planes
    Red Queen Contest
    Soldiers Can't Dance
    The Dead Heavys
    Vann
    Dirty Epics
    Keywest
    Bipolar Empire

Not overly familiar with any of those, but a quick YouTube search earlier leads me to think it's an all-right line-up. May head along for an hour if I have what work I need to do this week done.
    That is a decent lineup, why have they been so quiet about it? This is the reason these music events never get any traction from students.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

From what I know they only confirmed the full line-up Monday. Even still, very little hype and how are people expected to pay €10 on a ticket for an event they know nothing about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

whose responsibility is it at the moment to promote this event? ULSU ents?

I would assume so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

how have events been in general this week? well attended?

magicherbs wrote: »
    how have events been in general this week? well attended?

From what I saw it didn't seem to well attended

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    From what I saw it didn't seem to well attended

Courtyard was very busy last night for hermitage green.

Shifters on the Tuesday was supposedly very busy too.

Orchard was at capacity last night

In general the SU events seem to have done well but I can't see UL fest being popular

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

djnr8 wrote: »

In general the SU events seem to have done well but I can't see UL fest being popular

I know Orchard was full last night but SinBin wasn't very busy on Tuesday. At least, it wasn't as busy as it should have been considering the promotion it got. Everywhere is was full when we got into town and there wasn't even a queue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

djnr8 wrote: »

they have dropped the price for fourth year FYP students to a €5, maybe a sign it aint selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

pity that college court is left looking like a tip. there isnt an ounce of respect for anyone paying a mortgage there. would love to see the litter officers or cops landing heavy fines on tenants and landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

pity that college court is left looking like a tip. there isnt an ounce of respect for anyone paying a mortgage there. would love to see the litter officers or cops landing heavy fines on tenants and landlords.

The SU really should have paid some students to head out and collect rubbish this weekend in the neighborhoods around the campus. Not only would it make it easier to have Charity Weeks in the future, but it's just a decent thing to do generally (and it would put some money in some student's pockets)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Subutai wrote: »
    The SU really should have paid some students to head out and collect rubbish this weekend in the neighborhoods around the campus. Not only would it make it easier to have Charity Weeks in the future, but it's just a decent thing to do generally (and it would put some money in some student's pockets)

They did during the week.

They did during the week.

The M&M didn't clean up they just told guys to relax.
    Also a missed PR stunt that Daly caught last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Apologies then, I thought they were going around with black bags collecting rubbish like they usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sup_dude wrote: »
    I know Orchard was full last night but SinBin wasn't very busy on Tuesday. At least, it wasn't as busy as it should have been considering the promotion it got. Everywhere is was full when we got into town and there wasn't even a queue there.

20 people max in there sunday night for the "pre session" and still the same at the end of the night.

Lodge was full by 11, angel lane wasnt open, D'icon was 21's...

2.50 vodka, 8 for 2 jagerbombs and they still couldn't get a crowd.

Advertisement