Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dripper

Options
  • 21-02-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Looking to get a rebuildble dripper. Have been looking at the igo l and Phoenix what do people think is better? or does anyone have any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

I started with the Igo-l and found it great. Easy to set up, cheap and great flavor, holds 25 drops of juice for a solid amount of vape time. :)
    Can't comment on the pheonix as I haven't used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

IGO-L or the A7 (basically a stainless Phoenix, available from vaperus.ie)... I'd get the A7, just because there's a useful drip-tip being brought out for it that makes it into a Spheroid clone - less dripping involved.

The RDA's good, the Bulli is a thesaurusful of superlatives according to Green Hornet and Sir Digby, the eBaron's are slightly harder to rebuild than screw-down or clasp posts (teeny tiny holes in the ceramic cup).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

e-smokeireland will have the igo-l soon, it's meant to be good and looks easier to rebuild than the phoenix which is kinda cramped internally although it's still a good atty .

from what i've read I think the igo-l is the better of the two

vaperus have the a7 which is meant to be pretty good too, although never used it myself

--edit
    the ebaron drippers are actually far easier to rebuild than a kanger t3, provided you don't fart about with no resistance wire. i'd imagine it gets a lot more annoying if you do

yeah if you're willing to spend the money as grindle said, the bulli a2 classic is the bees knees.
    it's 40 for the atomiser in stainless steel (comes with cartridges to use as a tank atomiser)
    9 euro for the drip tip adapter
    7 euro shipping from germany

absolutely fantastic atomiser. nothing else i've used comes close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

The A7 too man - The Igo-L - The Phoenix

All good starter drippers. I have all three. I don't prefer one over the other really, just depends what device I'm using it on which one looks best :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I have the pheonix myself,Holds about 0.7ml.I really only drip when tasting juices,but it can be rebuilt in minute.

• Advertisement

illicit007 wrote: »
    The A7 too man - The Igo-L - The Phoenix

All good starter drippers. I have all three.

Drip much?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bren_

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I might go with the igo l. what size wick would you recommend?

superneat wrote: »

Drip much?? ;)

I blaming you for this. Youuu!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bren_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the input everyone. I think I might go with the igo l. what size wick would you recommend?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281056536975#ht_500wt_1415

1mm wick here from xandrey, based in dublin. very good wick, 10m will last you a good while. im not sure about the igo-l but generally with 1mm wick I fold it over itself twice so you have 4 strands of 1mm wick then wrap the coil around that. I prefer this to using 2 strands of 2mm, not sure why.

thebestshop.eu have kanthal wire, 6 euro or so for 25m.. will also last ages

if you want low resistance coils go for the .20mm, if you want standard-high res go for the .16mm

You get wick with it, I think it's 2mm. I got some 3mm on ebay and it works a bit better, 2mm or up is fine.
    I blaming you for this. Youuu!

Rubber arm syndrome :p

• Advertisement

what size wick would you recommend?

2mm from my angle.

Somethhingsomething... CottonMakeUpPad. A strip of that is better than any silica I've had, and easier to remove and rewick without destroying the coil (as in keep the coil attached and in place) once it's gunked.

grindle wrote: »

2mm from my angle.

Somethhingsomething... CottonMakeUpPad. A strip of that is better than any silica I've had, and easier to remove and rewick without destroying the coil (as in keep the coil attached and in place) once it's gunked.

I can imagine grindles gf going to remove her makeup late at night and a yell coming from the bathroom "grindleeee!" as he quickly hides the shreds of the last makeup pad he nicked :-D

You'll have to make a video and post it on YouTube of this wicking and rewicking technique of yours. I know you said about wicking before but I never picked up on the added bonus of rewicking.

I've a question about the cotton wick / makeup pad wick hack. If the cotton pad starts to dry out, does it ever burn?

Also have you ever tried to source a pre made cotton wick roll?

I can just about afford my own make-up pads. Just.
    I've a question about the cotton wick / makeup pad wick hack. If the cotton pad starts to dry out, does it ever burn?
    It will burn when dry, but you'll notice less flavour/vapour just before.
    The trick is to not view that as a maybe that the next drag will burn, but as a probably.
    Also have you ever tried to source a pre made cotton wick roll?
    You can buy untreated cotton yarn in a wool shop or use butcher's twine (it's untreated and made from cotton) or you can use a boiled...boil it again.... Okay that's g...boil it again, yeah cotton candle wick.
    The only thing about any of those three is you have to cajole the wick into performing well (jabbing w/needle, boiling, leaving to soak overnight on first use).
    I like my quick fixes.
    A video on a quick rewick? Maybe. Maybe a step by step pictorial. Probably a pictorial. If it was a video I'd feel the need to entertain myself and make a gowl of myself. Might even do that with the pictorial. Pictori Spelling.

I think I will get some 1 and 2 mm wick to see what I like best.

2mm from my angle.

Sounds interesting will have to try that

Do! Cotton tastes as good to me as SS mesh, it's just that it needs rewicking every 2-3 days with gunky juices I vape.
    One pack of cotton pads should do you years in an IGO as well. Yeeeeeeaaaarrrrrrssssss.

Another option I'm considering trying (when I get off my arse and order a butane torch) is ss mesh / silica wick hybrid. Wrap a tiny price of ss mesh around the part of the wick which you wrap the coil around. Have you tried that before and does it taste better?

Another option I'm considering trying (when I get off my arse and order a butane torch) is ss mesh / silica wick hybrid. Wrap a tiny price of ss mesh around the part of the wick which you wrap the coil around. Have you tried that before and does it taste better?

No better than SS on it's own, or SS with a cotton tail if you want something to wick juice up to the mesh.
    The surface of the mesh is where everything is getting vapourised, so unless you already have tons of silica (or even if you do) it wouldn't make money-sense to use that when there's a faster-wicking, cheaper material to do it with. Waste of silica - which is relatively cheap for what we're doing, but tens, maybe even hundreds of times more expensive than a pack of make up pads if you're just using it to make tails for mesh.

Edit: Seriously, how fuçking cheap am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Tampons??????

Uuuuurgh... Tampons usually aren't 100% cotton, but if you find one that is... I suppose... Go for it?

#Sunday, Bloody Sunday#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Reckon it would go well with vampires kiss!

I'll get my coat.

Jesus,when I started this vaping malarkey,I never thought I'd one day he rushing off to buy cotton and fanny pads to save a bit of cash rebuilding

Jesus,when I started this vaping malarkey,I never thought I'd one day he rushing off to buy cotton and fanny pads to save a bit of cash rebuilding

ECHO
    ECHO
    ECHO
    ECHO
    ECHO
    ECHO
    ECHO

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

A7 (basically a stainless Phoenix, available from vaperus.ie)...

do u have a link? please

not to worry i found it

http://www.vaperus.ie/atomisers/56-a7-atomizer-rebuildable.html

I have the A7 and would recommend it. I prefer it over the pheonix and it looks nice on and eGo battery (with thread adaptor) and most other batteries too for that matter. Simple to set up and when the A7-oid lands (both Vaperus and ESI are supposed to be getting them soonish) it will be another option for the A7.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

it looks the dogs bollox of drippers and oid option is a big +
    orders in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Got a Dripper Pro from ESI on Thursday - a little more money than the Chinese stuff but a bloody amazing piece of kit (back to blood again) it screams quality and gave me nic dizzies very quickly.

It's amazing the amount of vapour I'm getting from this atty.

Advertisement