Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying

• 21-02-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Need advice for this stage in the leaving cert.

All I seem to be doing is writing notes? I mean, is that right?
    Or am I meant to learning off stuff?

Aiming for 480-550 - bit of advice on my subjects from now until June would be great.

Biology HL - I need an A1
    English HL - I need an A1
    Business HL- I need a B1
    Geography HL - I need a B2
    Ag science HL - I need an A1
    Art HL - I need a B3/B2

PLEASE HELP :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Practice Exam papers. Only way to succeed. Set a timer, try and do the whole paper. Correct mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Writing notes is a great way to get something into your head but I don't think it's enough on its own, you have to go over the notes again and again. The benefit of it is that I think it's a lot easier to study something when it's in your own handwriting and laid out in a way that suits you! I wouldn't really agree with the constant doing of exam papers, papers are becoming less predictable by all accounts and if you just do exam papers you're liable to miss out on some important stuff. I'd say study a chapter (reading/notes/highlighting/ whatever suits you), then maybe take an exam question or two to cement the idea in your mind, sure, and then go back over it again in another week or so, and then again in another few weeks.

For English I'd say you're better off just practising, eg reading notes for a topic and answering a question (make up your own if you want, as long as it somewhat resembles an exam question). For Biology/Business/Geography/Ag Science I'd do what I said above, and honestly for Art I don't have a clue, although I guess for Art History the above would apply too! Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I love the way youre ambitious :) I think reading and writing and maybe recording yourself read out a long answer and then listen when you're in the bus or in bed :) works for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

I was gonna do notes during the week, look over them and do papers at weekend + revision

It's so hard to know if you're feckíng up or not :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

PLEASE ANYONE WHO HAS HL IRISH EDCO PAPERS COULD YOU TELL ME THE QUESTION FOR AN SPAILPIN FABACH ON (or around) PAGE 146, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE

• Advertisement
Advertisement