Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap Pc for PPTP VPN server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

You could get a router capable of accepting VPN connections which might be a better alternative. Is it just for yourself to connect in to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oceanbreeze

yes just myself, would prefer L2TP over PPTP but hard to find a router with L2TP server built in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

yes just myself, would prefer L2TP over PPTP but hard to find a router with L2TP server built in

Not with stock firmware, but a quick google search says that DD-WRT supports it.
    I've a couple of old LinkSys WRT54G routers which I have DD-WRT running on no problem.

Edit:... actually maybe they're acting as clients... not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oceanbreeze

hi i got this sorted, purchased OSX Server in the App store for €17.99 and installed it on a spare Mac Mini that I was not using.

i had it all up and running in 10 mins, with L2TP only.

very easy to get going, and works very well.

Advertisement