Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA)BBC Player and ITV player working in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    bad magic number normally means the plugin has been developed for a python version that your box is not upto date with.

eg The plugin could be python version 2.7 but python on your box is only 2.6

You could telnet into your box and type python --version (thats off the top of my head) if thats incorrect just do a python --help to get the correct command

i have done this on my azbox (open azbox mod v6b) and it says i am running python 2.6.6

i have tried to load the ipk packages but they are all ignored and i didnt want to try a forced install in case i messed up the box.

would it be possible to modify the plugin to work on python 2.6.6 as i have asked about modifying the firmware up to python 2.7, on the open azbox forum, and got no reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

The AZBox runs a different architecture to what the Ondemand plugin was originally developed for. So its likely that in its current form it will not be possible to install into the AZBox.
    Some aspects of the plugin and particularly the library files may need to be compiled specifically for your box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Works great on BlackHole OE 2.0.1. Installed from the BH Addons Downloads menu. Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Need a bit of help as can't get this going. Installed the files by ftp as directed and sent the telnet command. All went fine and no errors produced. Have restarted the box but can't see the On Demand plugin when I press the blue button. Tried many times so any help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Need a bit of help as can't get this going. Installed the files by ftp as directed and sent the telnet command. All went fine and no errors produced. Have restarted the box but can't see the On Demand plugin when I press the blue button. Tried many times so any help appreciated.
    What firmware ver. are you running?

The AZBox runs a different architecture to what the Ondemand plugin was originally developed for. So its likely that in its current form it will not be possible to install into the AZBox.
    Some aspects of the plugin and particularly the library files may need to be compiled specifically for your box.

thanks for the reply. the enigma2 firmware is still being developed for the az so i'll see how it goes. they are basing it on open pli.

Sorry thought had included that. Running ViX 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

Sorry thought had included that. Running ViX 3.0

Try looking in the plugins menu it self to see of the heading is in there, also what exact build of the ViX 3.0 image ? as there are well over 600, to find out go to menu> information> about.

Couple of recent updates for the irish players within the OE-Alliance OnDemand player while i'm here.

[OnDemand] Add Search option to rteplayer.py
    As the title says, a new menu item has been added to search for
    programmes on the RTE Player Website
    mcquaim
    I have added a new search option to the menu for the RTE Player. I will look into whether this will be possible for the other players as I get to them....
    Update can be found on the GIT or added manually via the included file.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a27ba69c2a7b54f6aa79b76b58d46156301222c1

===

[OnDemand] Add Search option to threeplayer.py
    A new search menu item has been added to the 3 Player to search for programmes on tv3.ie
    mcquaim
    Ok, last one for today, a search menu item has been added to 3 Player (New zip on post #1).. This will keep us Irish happy for now anyway, next for foreign relations
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/f8d50fef5f796d82999020693735ac6d837d7443

Both updates are included within the attached file below.

• Advertisement

Is there any forum you are not on ??? Phoenix the Vix attack poodle

Try looking in the plugins menu it self to see of the heading is in there, also what exact build of the ViX 3.0 image ? as there are well over 600, to find out go to menu> information> about.

Had a look in the plugins men and not there either.

Build: 204
    Kernel: 3.1.1
    Drivers: 2012-06-28

Had a look in the plugins men and not there either.

Build: 204
    Kernel: 3.1.1
    Drivers: 2012-06-28

Thats a very old build now, i'd recommend you do a fresh flash to a newer build something in the 600 range for best results.

Thats a very old build now, i'd recommend you do a fresh flash to a newer build something in the 600 range for best results.

Ok thanks, will give that a go later on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

givecredit wrote: »
    Updated version of OnDemand Player. Now includes 4OD.

You need to install both of below:

Hi, Where do you put the simplejson file on the ultimo.
    Thanks.

kelsca wrote: »
    Hi, Where do you put the simplejson file on the ultimo.
    Thanks.

place the .ipk in either /tmp or var/volatile/tmp then install it as you would any other plugin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks Robxxx7. I googled it - and came across someone who had experienced the same issue. Replaced that file, rebooted but now it's looking for another
    file;

BH Message

Some plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OnDemand (Bad magic number in /usr/lib/python2.6/markupbase.pyo

Where can I get a replacement file for this one?

EDIT - found the replacement file - and now - finally - have OnDemand running. Thanks to rurs & robxxx7 (and the OnDemand Team).

Had the same issue on my Dm800 running Open Pli but used the 3 replacement files you used and its working now.
    Very nice indeed.

3 files are enclosed for anyone who needs them.

[OnDemand] Updates and Bug Fixes.

bbciplayer.py
    - Add a new Search Menu Option
    - Handle parsing Dates more efficiently
    - Fix invalid link for Sports Category (Thanks Mickd)

rteplayer.py
    - Move Search menu item to top of list
    - Handle parsing Dates more efficiently

threeplayer.py
    - Move Search menu item to top of list
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

[OnDemand] Add a Search Menu Option to fourOD.py

A search option has now been added to the 4OD plugin.

One small issue is that the search source is from channel4.com and some
    of the results are not available on ps3.channel4.com. I output an error
    message when this occurs.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/027f99ce89beea77a7eaed590f73aa646c9ac44c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

When updating do you still need to use telnet or do you just put the new files in the ondemand folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ ?

recyclebin wrote: »
    When updating do you still need to use telnet or do you just put the new files in the ondemand folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ ?

no. just delete the existing OnDemand folder on the receiver, FTP the new one to the receiver and reboot.

• Advertisement

[OnDemand] Add Search menu option for itvplayer.py

Add a search option for itvplayer.py ( beta so may not fully work at the moment )
    authored by mcquaim
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/d3ae4d131060527e6a973bbdc2bf5ed08b5e00d9

Ok thanks, will give that a go later on this evening.

That done the trick with Build 626. Thanks for help and a super add on.

no. just delete the existing OnDemand folder on the receiver, FTP the new one to the receiver and reboot.

Sorry for the noob questioning - but I take it swapping out folders can be done in the case of vix images only? I did this with bh.1.7.9 and ran into trouble.

How do I go about applying these updates in this case?

Sorry for the noob questioning - but I take it swapping out folders can be done in the case of vix images only? I did this with bh.1.7.9 and ran into trouble.

How do I go about applying these updates in this case?

yes these updates are only for OE-A based images such as ViX, for BH and other images you would need to wait for them to be adapted to those images by the relevant parties.

yes these updates are only for OE-A based images such as ViX, for BH and other images you would need to wait for them to be adapted to those images by the relevant parties.
    Exstatic with the current version - so don't mind waiting for any updated versions to come along.

Have always had access to the uk players on laptop (and of course the irish players). However, I'd rarely be bothered to access them in that way. Being able to do so direct on the tv (via stb) makes the whole thing user friendly :cool:

Exstatic with the current version - so don't mind waiting for any updated versions to come along.

Have always had access to the uk players on laptop (and of course the irish players). However, I'd rarely be bothered to access them in that way. Being able to do so direct on the tv (via stb) makes the whole thing user friendly :cool:

yes same here, i have used them in the past via other means but now there accessible via stb i use them daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

yes same here, i have used them in the past via other means but now there accessible via stb i use them daily.

Same as that mate. Now having access to uk players without having to activate proxies through pc but by simply turning on the stb makes it now part of daily viewing.
    Ps good to have you aboard over here too mate :-)

irishchris wrote: »

Same as that mate. Now having access to uk players without having to activate proxies through pc but by simply turning on the stb makes it now part of daily viewing.
    Ps good to have you aboard over here too mate :-)

And there was I hoping at least this forum would avoid being infiltrated from the commercial land grab that is Vix.
    More kudos goes to those guys that try and devixify everything and make things truly cross operational and not just vix only. I'm not going to go into a long diatribe as to why I wouldn't trust anything this commercial enterprise tries to do in this hobby as the attack poodles will just jump in on the bandwagon defending anything they do in there normal bullying ways.
    So this thread is unfollowed .. Enjoy yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

And there was I hoping at least this forum would avoid being infiltrated from the commercial land grab that is Vix.
    More kudos goes to those guys that try and devixify everything and make things truly cross operational and not just vix only. I'm not going to go into a long diatribe as to why I wouldn't trust anything this commercial enterprise tries to do in this hobby as the attack poodles will just jump in on the bandwagon defending anything they do in there normal bullying ways.
    So this thread is unfollowed .. Enjoy yourselves.

didnt know VIX was a commercial company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

irishgeo wrote: »

didnt know VIX was a commercial company?

Lol that made my day. Must look for a pay rise then if we are a commercial company. Vix is and always will be a hobby and for the everyday hobbyist to enjoy

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    Lol that made my day. Must look for a pay rise then if we are a commercial company. Vix is and always will be a hobby and for the everyday hobbyist to enjoy

If thats the case i'm due two years of back pay.

If thats the case i'm due two years of back pay.

Commercial enterprise = WoS+ViX

Don't try and insult people's intelligence. If you want a pay rise go see your salesman Sic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Regardless of all the Vix vs BH fighting, this thread needs to be renamed. It has fast become a Vix plugin focussed thread, which many may not have noticed. Just in case people try to install this and wonder why its not working with BH!

I am sure it is not the focus of the OE alliance to concentrate on just one image platform.

The title of this thread is OE-Alliance OnDemand player, The files i am posting are exactly for that. They are built by the OE-Alliance for the OE-Alliance which consists of 11 image teams, if you want the so called DeViXed versions then sorry i cant help you.

[OnDemand] add option to hide from 'MainMenu, PluginBrowser & Extensions', clean up py code.

[OnDemand] add license to plugin.
    All Files of this Software are licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991, with the following amendments.

This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to modify it (if you keep the license and do not change or remove the 'About' screen), but it may not be commercially distributed other than under the conditions noted above. This applies to the source code as a whole as well as to parts of it, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a1cab5f055464b0359046b3f56a1efe1ecf0c2a3

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/1ae43dc010594acef810a24db346c281906db49c

[OnDemand] tweak main menu, also tweak the list.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a555cd0083b2a5b3211bb966ea9137f57f3d964a

also updated all player menu icons
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand/src/icons

[OnDemand] fix About screen keymap.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/f7b807b31880fd7aeb2a5c2229ce27ce846c7eab

[OnDemand] All Players - Pass Back Duration Passing back duration files (if it exists) from each player to commonModules also some code tidyup.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/526ca2c87482727fef8ee5ffb221f589abd46f9c

The title of this thread is OE-Alliance OnDemand player, The files i am posting are exactly for that. They are built by the OE-Alliance for the OE-Alliance which consists of 11 image teams, if you want the so called DeViXed versions then sorry i cant help you.

I have read the stinking arguments you get into on other fora.

This board is not the WOS forum nor indeed the linuxsat-support.com forum. Neither is it a changelog for this plugin.

This thread is about a so called OPEN plugin that should be compatible with all image types. If it is not please specify what it is compatible with.

I know full well that some of the latest additions and changes only run on Vix and WHY that is. Others wont. Do not confuse people as they WILL have to reimage their boxes if they attempt to install your updates and attachments to their boxes using non compatible images.

STB wrote: »
    I have read the stinking arguments you get into on other fora.

This board is not the WOS forum nor indeed the linuxsat-support.com forum. Neither is it a changelog for this plugin.

This thread is about a so called OPEN plugin that should be compatible with all image types. If it is not please specify what it is compatible with.

I know full well that some of the latest additions and changes only run on Vix and WHY that is. Others wont.

until such a time as a member of staff asks me to cease posting these updates i will continue to do so. as for your little moan fest, well fill ya boots pal as i really dont care and i'm not going to get into a discussion with you about it.

until such a time as a member of staff asks me to cease posting these updates i will continue to do so. as for your little moan fest, well fill ya boots pal as i really dont care and i'm not going to get into a discussion with you about it.

I would hardly call a request for correct labelling as a moan fest.

Given your attitude, so be it. This did not surprise me, your form is already known.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

[OnDemand] add option to hide from 'MainMenu, PluginBrowser & Extensions', clean up py code.

[OnDemand] add license to plugin.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a1cab5f055464b0359046b3f56a1efe1ecf0c2a3

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/1ae43dc010594acef810a24db346c281906db49c

[OnDemand] tweak main menu, also tweak the list.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a555cd0083b2a5b3211bb966ea9137f57f3d964a

also updated all player menu icons
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand/src/icons

[OnDemand] fix About screen keymap.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/f7b807b31880fd7aeb2a5c2229ce27ce846c7eab

[OnDemand] All Players - Pass Back Duration Passing back duration files (if it exists) from each player to commonModules also some code tidyup.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/526ca2c87482727fef8ee5ffb221f589abd46f9c

@ x PHEONIX x

Is this compatible with Open Pli on Dm800 pro

• Advertisement

martin12 wrote: »
    @ x PHEONIX x

Is this compatible with Open Pli on Dm800 pro

The last time i tried with a Pli image it did work although that was a few revisions ago and with a Vu plus Uno and there are a few dependencies that need installing.

Try this bear in mind that it is the very latest OE-Alliance version so i cant guarantee it will work without needing something extra.

Extract the OnDemand folder from the archive and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ then extract the dependencies archive and FTP the .ipk files to the /tmp folder. Ideally you want to be installing these in a specific order as such

python-lxml
    python-beautifulsoup
    python-dnspython
    python-simplejson the others should be fine in any order, or you could just use the following telnet command to install them all together but i'm not sure if that would work.

init 4 && opkg install /tmp/*.ipk && init 3

let me know how you get on with it which ever way it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Keep up the good work x_PHEONIX_x. I don't know what people are complaining about.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Keep up the good work x_PHEONIX_x. I don't know what people are complaining about.

Nobody was complaining. It was just a request that they be labelled as being suitable for certain images thats all, so people wouldnt be installing them wrongly and green screening there boxes.

For those Vu users using Blackhole OE2, there is a V3 beta version of the plugin that has 40D on the Vucommunity website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Do i have to manually update every time via FTP or are the plugins updated automatically in any way?

irishgeo wrote: »
    Do i have to manually update every time via FTP or are the plugins updated automatically in any way?

That depends on which image your using at the moment. for example on ViX and other OE-Alliance based images you would just need to update the image as the plugin is built from the GIT every time, meaning you would always have the latest version. for other images they would need adapting first.

Hopefully though this will soon change as the BH team are looking at creating their own GIT repository for such projects, this would mean greater inter image co-operating between BH and the OE-A on such works and allow them to port plugins faster and the same in return for the OE-A and native BH plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

The last time i tried with a Pli image it did work although that was a few revisions ago and with a Vu plus Uno and there are a few dependencies that need installing.

Try this bear in mind that it is the very latest OE-Alliance version so i cant guarantee it will work without needing something extra.

Extract the OnDemand folder from the archive and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ then extract the dependencies archive and FTP the .ipk files to the /tmp folder. Ideally you want to be installing these in a specific order as such

python-lxml
    python-beautifulsoup
    python-dnspython
    python-simplejson the others should be fine in any order, or you could just use the following telnet command to install them all together but i'm not sure if that would work.

init 4 && opkg install /tmp/*.ipk && init 3

let me know how you get on with it which ever way it goes.

Can't get the ipk files to install comes back as 0 installed on all of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

I just happened to stumble across this thread today, I never thought of even posting my updates here, sorry folks!!

I have to say, it made me laugh to read some of the comments by STB & Robxxx7. It kind of makes me wonder is it worth putting in simply weeks of work to develop this (for free may I add) when you have people like these guys trying to knock everything good people try to do..

There is no conspiracy here. It was developed on Vix as it is Vix I use and IMO Vix is the best image, but each to their own. In no way have I added code to prevent this working on other images. If this was the case then why would we be providing everyone with the source so they can get it working on other images..

Anyway, rant over... It just annoys me to read such crap these sort of people are constantly posting!

I hope the rest of you guys enjoy OnDemand, I know I do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

mcquaim wrote: »
    It was developed on Vix as it is Vix I use and IMO Vix is the best image, but each to their own.
    I hope the rest of you guys enjoy OnDemand, I know I do!!

Thanks for all your work on this great plugin. Between OnDemand (on VU Duo), Netflix and HuluPlus (on ps3) I'd say 80% of my TV viewing is now via internet now.

mcquaim wrote: »
    It was developed on Vix as it is Vix I use and IMO Vix is the best image, but each to their own. In no way have I added code to prevent this working on other images. If this was the case then why would we be providing everyone with the source so they can get it working on other images..

hi mcquaim, thanks for all your work. from the reports i have read it sounds like an excellent plugin.

i have asked already in this thread about trying to get it to work on my azbox premium plus which is running the OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD Release 8. one poster answered on here saying that the enigma version on the azbox was different than on the vu and that the firmware would have to be modified to let it work.

as far as i can gather the my azbox runs oe 1.6 and a lot of boxes run on oe 2.0 so this i imagine would be a problem from the start.

the python version on my box is 2.6 and this throws up errors when trying to install the plugin. i have tried to put all the files that were uploaded to support your software and that is when the errors appear.

i am just wondering if you know if it is possible to modify the plugin or the firmware to make the plugin work in this version of enigma? i did try uploading python 2.7 onto the azbox but this didn't work.

as i said here in my earlier post here, i did post on the OpenAZBox forum asking the same questions but they are trying to get a stable firmware working properly and it wouldn't be high on their priority list at the moment.

i presume you don't have an azbox and so wouldn't be able to test the plugin on one but if you could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it a lot.

i have managed to get the rte player plugin working on the azbox but yours is several steps above it so it would be great to get it working.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

tapfit2004 wrote: »

hi mcquaim, thanks for all your work. from the reports i have read it sounds like an excellent plugin.

i have asked already in this thread about trying to get it to work on my azbox premium plus which is running the OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD Release 8. one poster answered on here saying that the enigma version on the azbox was different than on the vu and that the firmware would have to be modified to let it work.

as far as i can gather the my azbox runs oe 1.6 and a lot of boxes run on oe 2.0 so this i imagine would be a problem from the start.

the python version on my box is 2.6 and this throws up errors when trying to install the plugin. i have tried to put all the files that were uploaded to support your software and that is when the errors appear.

i am just wondering if you know if it is possible to modify the plugin or the firmware to make the plugin work in this version of enigma? i did try uploading python 2.7 onto the azbox but this didn't work.

as i said here in my earlier post here, i did post on the OpenAZBox forum asking the same questions but they are trying to get a stable firmware working properly and it wouldn't be high on their priority list at the moment.

i presume you don't have an azbox and so wouldn't be able to test the plugin on one but if you could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it a lot.

i have managed to get the rte player plugin working on the azbox but yours is several steps above it so it would be great to get it working.

thanks.

Hi there,

I'm afraid that I don't have an AzBox so I can't test any of this for you!

I know other images that are using Python 2.6 have some of the latest versions working so it should be possible.

The developer of the original RTE player and on the early stages of OnDemand, Rogerthis, has an AzBox so I will ask him if he has it working on his.

If he does then I will get him to post it here or send it to me and I'll post it up for you!

Cheers,
    mcquaim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

I did all my initial testing on AzBox Elite. I used OpenRSI 3.0 http://www.openrsi.org/openrsi/downloads/downloads-azbox-rsi3/ which is based on OpenPLI 3.0 which all OE-Alliance images are based.
    This is python 2.7. (Correct me if i'm wrong but there is no OE-Alliance image for AzBox)

If you want to go down the road of OpenRSI, you can use mickd's version from BH to get it working http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/ondemand-by-oe-alliance.10908/page-4#post-84945

• Advertisement
Advertisement