Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satanic Horror's

• 22-02-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

What's the most scary satanic horror you ever seen ?

There hasn't been any newly released Divel movies out in a while now...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

'House of the Devil' is the most recent I can think of, but I've not been closely watching. It's a good film, they re-create the 70s nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

beans wrote: »
    'House of the Devil' is the most recent I can think of, but I've not been closely watching. It's a good film, they re-create the 70s nicely.

A. Its set in the 80's
    B. It sucked major, major balls in all honesty.

Can't think of a good satanic horror in the last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

... and I didn't answer the question, either. I answered the most recent film I could remember seeing - it's not a scary film.

The most scary satan-themed flick I've ever seen was probably Rosemary's Baby, for sheer paranoid atmosphere and unsettling-ness. There's not a great selection of truly frightening devil movies, or at least none that jump to mind.

'El Dia De La Bestia' isn't frightening at all, but it's a great watch. One of the better horror-comedies I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rosemary's Baby slightly underwhelmed me, though I liked the way it all unfolded in such an ordinary milieu.

Its cheap and hokey Hammer but works well - The Devil Rides Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

not a topic I think film makers wana touch on any more....... perhaps they are afraid of the ...............

• Advertisement
Advertisement