Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert high level English novel?

Options
  • 22-02-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi :-)
    Well I'm doing the junior cert this June and was wondering do you have to use your class novel as your studied fiction? My class novel was 'To kill a mockingbird'. It's not that I didn't enjoy the novel because I really did, I would just find it easier to answer questions about a novel I chose the read myself and prefer. I was thinking about 'The faults in our stars' by John Green, it being my favourite book. I know many quotes from the book without learning and think it would help me answer questions with less difficulty. I finished my mocks about two weeks ago and found English quite hard, especially learning off quotes. Any advice is well appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

You can answer on whatever novel you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

"All quiet on the western front" is a great novel, enjoyed it and it's really sad towards the end :p. I'm using it for the JC.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

It's fine to use any novel you want. Make sure you can answer questions on it with past papers. And don't be too detailed and spend too much time on that question just because you like it the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

We are using "The Outsiders" and "Of Mice and Men"
    The second is quite a short book and its pretty easy to answer on imo

Advertisement