Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear to the Ground - Joseph Murphy and Berney's Saddlers

Options
  • 22-02-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this on Ear to the Ground this evening? It was really a focus on saddle making and what goes into it. Short enough, but interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Didn't see it but had a talk with a saddler before which was really interesting. He took apart an old saddle to show us the various parts and everything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Yes I caught it by chance. Short and sweet but interesting.

A couple of years ago RTE were showing repeats of an old programme they had made in the '70s (I think) about old craftsmanship and one episode was about a saddler. Fascinating to see how it's all put together and the different functions a saddle can have.

A well made saddle is a thing of beauty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I have a Berney saddle, wouldn't part with it for diamonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Valentina wrote: »
    Yes I caught it by chance. Short and sweet but interesting.

A couple of years ago RTE were showing repeats of an old programme they had made in the '70s (I think) about old craftsmanship and one episode was about a saddler. Fascinating to see how it's all put together and the different functions a saddle can have.

A well made saddle is a thing of beauty.

Was that the old 'Hands' series? That was great. Used to hate it when I was a kid (when it was shown originally) but was glued to it when it was repeated a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Was that the old 'Hands' series? That was great. Used to hate it when I was a kid (when it was shown originally) but was glued to it when it was repeated a few years ago.

Yes I think it was the Hands series. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

I thought it was funny as joseph murphy is sponsored by antares(french saddle company)

Advertisement