Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat Safety Supplies.

• 22-02-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Searched far and wide across the web and can't find an online seller of emergency flares (any colour will do), If anyone could point me in the direction of a place in Limerick that sells flares, I would be grateful! I've never purchased them in the city so I wouldn't know even where to begin looking!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

There used to be a place in Killaloe/Ballina on the marina just up beyond the Lake Hotel in Ballina - not sure if it's still there. Shannon Sailing Club in Dromineer (on Lough Derg beyond Nenagh) have a shop (http://www.shannonsailing.com/index.php?page=chandlery-shop)

After that, www.marineparts.ie, www.marinewebstoreireland.com are two that have flares. If you're near Cork, you can try Union Chandlery on Penrose Wharf and CHMarine out at the Kinsale Road Roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Try Ryan & Roberys in Askeaton they might sell bits and pieces.

Although i would imagine union chandelry would be your best option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Bill Hickey Ltd. in Clonlara, sells small craft, engines and some boating accessories. Don't know if he stocks flares but no harm ringing him, at worst he should be able to direct you to someone local who does.

They also do office/school supplies so they deliver into town every weekday afaik.

086-257 7408

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

Thank you all! I'll have a gander now! Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

The shop in Derg Marina down behind the Lakeside Hotel is definetly closed! I'd say your best bet local would be Shannon Sailing in Dromineer! Other then that Union Chandlery in Cork or Purcell Marine in Clarinbridge if you don't mind traveling a small bit!
    Are you just looking for one on a once off for something or do you need them for boating?? I have a few on my boat I could give you one, I'd say they are a bit damp at this stage after the winter so I'll probably replace them before the summer anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

alan1990 wrote: »
    The shop in Derg Marina down behind the Lakeside Hotel is definetly closed! I'd say your best bet local would be Shannon Sailing in Dromineer! Other then that Union Chandlery in Cork or Purcell Marine in Clarinbridge if you don't mind traveling a small bit!
    Are you just looking for one on a once off for something or do you need them for boating?? I have a few on my boat I could give you one, I'd say they are a bit damp at this stage after the winter so I'll probably replace them before the summer anyway!

Was looking to stock up myself for a boat I have over in England! Cheers for the offer though! I'll be heading to Cork at the weekend and I'll see what can be done down there!

Advertisement