Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now I really need a cigarette!!!

Options
  • 22-02-2013 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Have spent the last 2 hours on-line and on here reading about various different devices and I am more confused now than I was 2 hrs ago:(

I read Queen-Mise's thread and although my questions are similar I didn't want to hijack:)

I was recommended the "Exhale" brand but know nothing about the liquid etc(found it very confusing).
    Does anyone know anything about that brand?
    Also saw that a lot of posters here seem to like "Kanger" so I had a look at the site but..
    1: Thought it seemed expensive in comparison to the exhale brand, is there a reason ie quality etc.

2: Also the liquid business, how tricky is the re-filing, how to you know WHAT to buy etc

I'm at the point of saying feck it so hope you folks can send me in the right direction:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

the kanger twist page has a video at the bottom that explains the ins and outs of the kanger twist. Whilst it is expensive think of it like making an investment. You're spending almost 6 boxes of smokes on something that will last you much longer than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

First time I've heard of exhale, and when I searched 'exhale ecig' I found some site that sells the same-ish kind of stuff for the same price or dearer.
    What exact set were you looking at?

Refilling is pretty easy, and you know what to buy by asking people on forums or having a sales-person try to shill their wares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

This is it here

http://www.exhalecigarette.co.uk/eXhale-510-Tank-Electronic-Cigarette-Starter-Kit-s/64.htm

It's priced at £18 so roughly 22 ish euro

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Most of the regular E cigarettes that look like normal cigarettes have two parts, a battery and a cartomiser. A cartomiser, or carto for short, is like the filter part of a regular smoke. Inside the carto is an atomiser and some filler material, kinda like wool or something, that holds the liquid. The atomiser heats up the liquid in the filler material and creates the vapour you inhale.

To refill it you can either buy pre filled cartos, or much cheaper is just drip some new liquid into the filler material in the carto you already have.

The cartos cost about 1.50 each and you need to throw them out about once a week and get a new one.

You'll need to top up the carto with new liquid on a regular basis. That's why some people talk about recommending other things that are hold more liquid. There are so many things, but really stick with the basics, like cartos and refilling them by dripping new liquid into them while you're starting off.

The liquid costs about 15.00 for a bottle that might last you about a week, or more or less.

illicit007 wrote: »
    Most of the regular E cigarettes that look like normal cigarettes have two parts, a battery and a cartomiser. A cartomiser, or carto for short, is like the filter part of a regular smoke. Inside the carto is an atomiser and some filler material, kinda like wool or something, that holds the liquid. The atomiser heats up the liquid in the filler material and creates the vapour you inhale.

To refill it you can either buy pre filled cartos, or much cheaper is just drip some new liquid into the filler material in the carto you already have.

The cartos cost about 1.50 each and you need to throw them out about once a week and get a new one.

You'll need to top up the carto with new liquid on a regular basis. That's why some people talk about recommending other things that are hold more liquid. There are so many things, but really stick with the basics, like cartos and refilling them by dripping new liquid into them while you're starting off.

The liquid costs about 15.00 for a bottle that might last you about a week, or more or less.

So even if you put the liquid(do you just put the liquid directly on to the carto and is that the bit you put into your mouth?)do you still replace them every week?

• Advertisement

Smidge wrote: »

That's a fairly good price considering, but those batteries will last you half a day or less before needing to be charged, won't kick out much power and will result in you buying something else (Kangertwist kit) sooner than you thought. Happens to everyone.
    The main reason we recommend the Kangertwist kits is to stop that first splurge on useless equipment.

grindle wrote: »
    That's a fairly good price considering, but those batteries will last you half a day or less before needing to be charged, won't kick out much power and will result in you buying something else (Kangertwist kit) sooner than you thought. Happens to everyone.
    The main reason we recommend the Kangertwist kits is to stop that first splurge on useless equipment.

Ya see and there was I thinking I was asking stupid questions:D

So basically, its cheap because its cheap?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ya see and there was I thinking I was asking stupid questions:D

So basically, its cheap because its cheap?
    You buy cheap,you buy twice.

So even if you put the liquid(do you just put the liquid directly on to the carto and is that the bit you put into your mouth?)do you still replace them every week?

Yes the carto us the bit you put into your mouth, like the filter of a cigarette. Eventually the cartos wear out and need replacing.

Like the others say the regular cigarette style E cigarettes have their drawbacks. The battery life being the biggest. Because they are small you only get about 200mah of battery power where as the other ones they talk about have 650mah or more. So basically it's going to last three times also before you need to charge it. And as we all know charging is a pain. So you might get very tired of it quick.

The other option is to buy a e cigarette that comes with a portable charging case, I think they're called pcc for short but I could be wrong. Basically it's a box that looks like a cigarette box, which you put your small 200mah ecig into and it charges it for you in between uses.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    You buy cheap,you buy twice.

I figured as much:D

I had never seen the liquid ones until the other day and the person was using the "exhale" brand so was just going by that.

Tell the truth, I forgot there was a vaping forum on here so I could have saved myself a lot of swearing this evening by coming here first:D:o

• Advertisement

Yes the carto us the bit you put into your mouth, like the filter of a cigarette. Eventually the cartos wear out and need replacing.

Like the others say the regular cigarette style E cigarettes have their drawbacks. The battery life being the biggest. Because they are small you only get about 200mah of battery power where as the other ones they talk about have 650mah or more. So basically it's going to last three times also before you need to charge it. And as we all know charging is a pain. So you might get very tired of it quick.

The other option is to buy a e cigarette that comes with a portable charging case, I think they're called pcc for short but I could be wrong. Basically it's a box that looks like a cigarette box, which you put your small 200mah ecig into and it charges it for you in between uses.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I know these questions must seem stupid so bear with me!!

If the carto is the bit you put in your mouth and also the bit that you fill with the liquid, can you not taste the liquid?

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I know these questions must seem stupid so bear with me!!

If the carto is the bit you put in your mouth and also the bit that you fill with the liquid, can you not taste the liquid?

Nope cus the filler material absorbs the liquid. It's okay I had no idea starting out too.

Nope cus the filler material absorbs the liquid. It's okay I had no idea starting out too.

Okay, now I'm getting somewhere!!!!!

So what do I need to know about different types of cigarette?

I didn't think I'd need a degree in electronics to buy them but having looked at all of the different ones the are so many types.

I read Qm's thread and one poster was talking about E-20 (or something like that:p)in comparison to a T-f30(again not a clue here what any of that means).
    How do you know what is what?
    Does it go by power, style, cost?

Have a gander here. No need to read ALL of it... Yet.

Okay, now I'm getting somewhere!!!!!

So what do I need to know about different types of cigarette?

I didn't think I'd need a degree in electronics to buy them but having looked at all of the different ones the are so many types.

I read Qm's thread and one poster was talking about E-20 (or something like that:p)in comparison to a T-f30(again not a clue here what any of that means).
    How do you know what is what?
    Does it go by power, style, cost?

Okay starting off there's two main types of battery. There's a 510 and an eGo. Basically the 510 style is the smaller cigarette size battery and the eGo is the larger longer life ones.

The 510 battery has a screw fitting on the end which you screw the carto onto, this screw connection is called a 510 connection.

The eGo battery has an eGo connection and also a 510 connection so it can take more things than just cartos.

The things you probably heard about are popular but I don't really like them, Kanger T3 and Kanger T2.

I would just use a cartomiser on an eGo battery if you want longer life. You can use a cartomiser on a 510 battery or an eGo battery, as I said before the both have the 510 connection. The 510 connection is the most popular and standard one.

Okay starting off there's two main types of battery. There's a 510 and an eGo. Basically the 510 style is the smaller cigarette size battery and the eGo is the larger longer life ones.

The 510 battery has a screw fitting on the end which you screw the carto onto, this screw connection is called a 510 connection.

The eGo battery has an eGo connection and also a 510 connection so it can take more things than just cartos.

The things you probably heard about are popular but I don't really like them, Kanger T3 and Kanger T2.

I would just use a cartomiser on an eGo battery if you want longer life. You can use a cartomiser on a 510 battery or an eGo battery, as I said before the both have the 510 connection. The 510 connection is the most popular and standard one.

Ah lanterin' Jaysus:eek::D

Do I buy this all in a kit or as individual items?
    If you buy in the one brand(say the Kanger)are these items inter-changeable?

Interchangeable. Just ask us if you're confused about something. And always have spares.

Ah lanterin' Jaysus:eek::D

Do I buy this all in a kit or as individual items?
    If you buy in the one brand(say the Kanger)are these items inter-changeable?

As long as they have the same connection then they are interchangeable yes. That's why I was focusing on the connection jargon before.

I've a tonne of different batteries and atomiser (general term for the bit at the end that makes the vapour) and the basically all for together.

As long as you don't buy into those crazy brands that have their own type of non standard connection, your fine. There are certain irish websites and they basically only sell the good brands with standard connections.

You can buy a kit. There's loads out there. Just depends what you want.

If you want something ciggy like the innokin aio pcc is a good one.

grindle wrote: »
    Interchangeable. Just ask us if you're confused about something. And always have spares.

Thanks grindle.
    Just been reading through some of the threads on here and I think I'm getting ahead of myself and getting a bit over-wrought and :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I second ego battery and carto with cone cover for starting off.

• Advertisement

Thanks grindle.
    Just been reading through some of the threads on here and I think I'm getting ahead of myself and getting a bit over-wrought and :confused:.

You're better off asking questions and getting a basic starting kit that suits your needs sorted. Once you have that you'll understand a lot more about this whole thing.

As long as they have the same connection then they are interchangeable yes. That's why I was focusing on the connection jargon before.

I've a tonne of different batteries and atomiser (general term for the bit at the end that makes the vapour) and the basically all for together.

As long as you don't buy into those crazy brands that have their own type of non standard connection, your fine. There are certain irish websites and they basically only sell the good brands with standard connections.

You can buy a kit. There's loads out there. Just depends what you want.

If you want something ciggy like the innokin aio pcc is a good one.

Thanks for all of the replies, you(and the others)have been very patient with me.
    I think I'll give it a rest for tonight and go to AH for a break.
    It's a sad day when you have to resort to AH to relax:D

We were all unknowledgeable at the start. If you keep your kit basic there are very few things you need to worry about (but it's a little more involved than cigs).
    If you start getting curious about things and like to fiddle with crap you're screwed as it becomes a quest to find the pot of vaping gold at the end of the rainbow (dammit! Rainbows are circular!).

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I second ego battery and carto with cone cover for starting off.

The cone he's talking about is an accessory for basically making the eGo and carto look nicer together. Because the carto isn't as thick as the eGo battery, the cone accessory gives the whole thing a really nice finish.

Thanks for all of the replies, you(and the others)have been very patient with me.
    I think I'll give it a rest for tonight and go to AH for a break.
    It's a sad day when you have to resort to AH to relax:D

Sweet as. Will talk to you soon.

The cone he's talking about is an accessory for basically making the eGo and carto look nicer together. Because the carto isn't as thick as the eGo battery, the cone accessory gives the whole thing a really nice finish.

But its not essential its just a cosmetic thing?

I'm still here, I'm hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

But its not essential its just a cosmetic thing?

Yeah, but it also makes it stronger in case you ever(and you will) drop it!

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Yeah, but it also makes it stronger in case you ever(and you will) drop it!

Makes sense!
    Are these all Kanger items?

I'm hooked. These things are so much nicer tasting than smokes. Plus because you can smoke them inside, in bed, on your expensive sofa, etc, don't need a lighter or and ashtray... You'll end up smoking and enjoying these more, but they're so much healthier its okay! I don't understand why people would still want to smoke.

• Advertisement

Makes sense!
    Are these all Kanger items?

No Kangers are something else. These are made by a company called Joyetech. Joyetech make good quality stuff.

Advertisement