Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City - Anyone fancy it ? (and Match Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Great result, I missed the last twenty mins of course, but what a turnaround. Fair play. Long way to go but that puts us in a much stronger position for CL. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Defoe gets almighty grief, but when he smashes it, it's a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Hopefully Liverpool do us a favour now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I love everybody today. No ecstasy taken, just Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jobeenfitz wrote: »

Here's a virtual man hug to you all. I love you guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I backed us at 12/1 after 60 mins. I just had a great feeling because Citeh didn't appear to come out of the dressing room at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

jobeenfitz wrote: »

You'd wanna be careful with that sh!t my friend.

Can seriously mess up your life.

Can lead to mood swings, irritability, obsessiveness, depression.

Can mess up your relationships with family, friends and co-workers.

Life becomes a constant, hopeless cycle of seeking out a sudden glorious rush that never actually arrives.....

I'm talking about being a Spurs fan of course.

Ecstasy's great stuff:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i thought holtby was great, worked really hard and had the vision to pick out some good passes. his best game so far. love his enthusiasim.

hope avb starts the team we finished with for the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

nipps wrote: »
    i thought holtby was great, worked really hard and had the vision to pick out some good passes. his best game so far. love his enthusiasim.

hope avb starts the team we finished with for the next game.

Lennon for sig next day out if he fit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I only saw the result when I walked off the golf course but I'm absolutely delighted for the lads that made the trip across. To come back from a goal down and win in that way was probably the most enjoyable way to enjoy a match live. Great stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

C221B67A-7B3E-4786-857E-442CFBE9193C-648-000000323DA4F7F4_zps676c60ef.jpg

Me and Mullo on here and a few lads from London

Great day out with everyone here

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

What a birthday present that was!

What a difference a week makes. Europa League knocked out and plenty of people posting complete negativity about the season and now look. Lets hope there's no need for negativity for the remaining 5 games..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Emoran wrote: »
    C221B67A-7B3E-4786-857E-442CFBE9193C-648-000000323DA4F7F4_zps676c60ef.jpg

Me and Mullo on here and a few lads from London

Great day out with everyone here

COYS

Hope you bought a belt on the way home :D;)
    Great day, tired this morning, COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Great day out with some of the lads on here, great comeback, great to hear of last minute Liverpool goal on train back to Stansted. Overall everything was great, tired and hoarse this morning :D COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

well done all who travelled

what a great game choice it turned out to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Just on a side note will Nasri be punished by FA for trying to break Walkers leg?

Looks like the ref missed it completely..

Do they review every game footage or just when the club makes a complaint about a serious foul play like that?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Much respect to you lads that took me under your wing for the day and showing me some good spots to go on gameday! Had a brilliant time, and look forward to doing it again - as we said yesterday, hopefully see you all at Sunderland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Our good fortune yesterday came from the subs and the change in tactics.. We started with a 4-2-3-1 with Adebayor isolated up front on his own and changed to 4-3-3 and pushing higher up the pitch. Obviously, Defoe's goal was a screamer and I ain't seen Adebayor score a goal in that fashion in a long time, but....

For me the difference was Huddlestone on for Parker, he and Holtby play clever football in the same way as Dembele, neat passes and looking for openings. Hudd could have nearly had MOTM! I think its easy to say Defoe on for Adebayor made the big difference but I'd rather see Parker dropped away to Wigan than Adebayor.

What say ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

My team v Wigan

Lloris Walker Daws Vert Benny Dembele Lennon Hudd Holtby Bale Defoe

Hudd deserves a start, parker needs a rest.

Dempsey after scoring probably unlucky to be out of that team but holtby did well when he came on.

As for Ade...............less said the better.

• Advertisement

Our good fortune yesterday came from the subs and the change in tactics.. We started with a 4-2-3-1 with Adebayor isolated up front on his own and changed to 4-3-3 and pushing higher up the pitch. Obviously, Defoe's goal was a screamer and I ain't seen Adebayor score a goal in that fashion in a long time, but....

For me the difference was Huddlestone on for Parker, he and Holtby play clever football in the same way as Dembele, neat passes and looking for openings. Hudd could have nearly had MOTM! I think its easy to say Defoe on for Adebayor made the big difference but I'd rather see Parker dropped away to Wigan than Adebayor.

What say ye?

I'm not sure mate, yes while Hudd done well, I actually thought Parker did quite well in the first half, putting out fires etc..I'd be sticking with Parker, but Hudd is a good option as he did well when he had time and space to knock a few passes around.

FFS, a one off good game and people are calling for him back in the team. Hudd is fine going forward, but he's not strong on the ball, gets dispossesed and makes too many drastic mistakes where as Parker is always solid and is rarely dispossesed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Just to clarify lads, I said Parker should be dropped, I didn't say Hudd should start in his place! Although the last time we beat Citeh Big Tom played a very good 90mins..

Holtby could drop in? Or play Vert in DM and Caulker/Daws at CB?

Edit: Also, I wonder how much the break helped up, apart from Bale at 80% the lads looked alot fresher as the game went on... Coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I don't know if anyone reads Michael Cox (the man behind Zonal Marking), he's easily one of the best journos out there, but he did a piece yesterday on the match. It's not often he does bits on the PL (outside the biggest games) because he finds them too boring. For those of you that aren't familiar with his works, he actually analyses games properly, he doesn't report on them. If only BBC hired someone like him rather than the clowns they get on atm.

Anyway, linky.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

what a win yesterday,5 of us travelled and without doubt the best comeback we have seen live at the Lane,werent in it til we equalised,couldnt cope with citehs passing but thankfully we have a better coach with a limited squad,we so need a striker.we all had a fantastic day out,like children in the stand with each goal that went in.fingers crossed to keep the momentum going and beat Wigan,no easy game .thought LLoris was MOTM as he kept usin the game when we could have down 2 or 3 nil. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fair sick today after celebrating until late last night,I thought yesterday was going to be one of the worst days ever at the Lane,over 70 mins gone and loosing to a Sami Nasri (of all people) goal,then bang,bang bang,what a come back and what a day.Brilliant stuff.

spursman11 wrote: »
    what a win yesterday,5 of us travelled and without doubt the best comeback we have seen live at the Lane,werent in it til we equalised,couldnt cope with citehs passing but thankfully we have a better coach with a limited squad,we so need a striker.we all had a fantastic day out,like children in the stand with each goal that went in.fingers crossed to keep the momentum going and beat Wigan,no easy game .thought LLoris was MOTM as he kept usin the game when we could have down 2 or 3 nil. COYS

Great comeback alright, you weren't in the bar in stansted by any chance were yis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Edit: Also, I wonder how much the break helped up, apart from Bale at 80% the lads looked alot fresher as the game went on... Coincidence?

I didnt watch it, but when i heard the halftime score i still had the feeling that we should be a lot stronger in the second half, especially in the last quarter. Always a risk giving players a week off as it often takes them 50-60 mins to get back up to game speed.
    I think this will be a major factor when we play chelsea, their games and hopefully fatigue will really pile up on them over the next few weeks, if spurs can keep a high intensity against chelsea it could really pay dividends in the last 20 minutes.

A weeks full recovery at this stage of the season is a major major boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Raging i didnt go over.....:mad::mad:
    Fair play..great game and day by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

One of the best sights of the day was seen Hatch Crowd Surfing down The Park Lane beside the City fans after the 3rd goal went in :D:D ( what a gracious winner !!haha)

Advertisement