Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Dog Issue *May contain to much info for some*

• 22-02-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

As most of you know I have a little yorkie that i love to pieces! But since getting him I have one huge problem a neighbours up the road (not sure which one) owns a big scruffy dog that likes to come down to our house everyday to do his huge poos in my garden, now any one that knows a yorkie will no that there poo is small so easy to pick up and keep clean but this dog leaves a heap and my garden is getting destroyed. We work during the day and he gets over the wall, were completely fenced in. I would be worried that the dog could have something that he could leave behind as hes quite old and dosnt look that well looked after. Its really annoying me and all i know is he comes up from one of the farms down the road and at least one of the farmers up that way couldnt care less about his animals as in his horses and sheep regulary get in our garden and when we call up to the house he dosnt even say thanks for telling him so i just hope its not him.

Is there anyway to put that dog off using my garden but still encourage Chewbacca to use it as his toilet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

sorry, maybe reading wrong but if your gdn is completely fenced in, how are all these animals getting into your gdn? as for the dog poo i would collect in a bag. go knock on the farms that you think dog may come from and then hand them their dogs present that it is leaving you everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If he's getting over the wall could you make it higher/put flower boxes (I know somebody who had to do that to keep a foster in :p) on top to put him off?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

sorry, maybe reading wrong but if your gdn is completely fenced in, how are all these animals getting into your gdn? as for the dog poo i would collect in a bag. go knock on the farms that you think dog may come from and then hand them their dogs present that it is leaving you everyday.

I should of said that the sheep were getting in by breaking down the fence which helped my pup escape :(

The horse has both jumped the wall but we have also braught him in off the road so theres not an accident if someone knocks him down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

My labrador tends to go in the same spot every time. What I would do is take your dog for a little walk and let him do his business, then bring him back to the garden. I would discourage him from going in your garden as dogs like finding smells of other dogs(peemail). The other dog is coming into your garden to mark the territory so less smells from your dog will help. also if your dog 'goes' outside your garden that will become the new spot. they always say that good fences make for good neighbours.

Advertisement