Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really enjoyed yesterday . Hot Sprockets really surprised me they were so good . Caught the end of Crystal Castles and was delighted i had missed nearly all of their set did nothing for me at all . Kasabian were unreal as usual , raging i had to miss Le Galaxie but seen them at INDIE last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Crazy but if anyone has or knows of any sunday tickets going cheap now shoot us a PM, gonna head over for about 8 and try my luck.

Actually thats the question, is there touts outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

nm wrote: »
    Crazy but if anyone has or knows of any sunday tickets going cheap now shoot us a PM, gonna head over for about 8 and try my luck.

Actually thats the question, is there touts outside?

Didint see any yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Heading over myself now too - hopefully there's still tickets at the venue at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

yep heading to the venue myself any idea what time the outlets stop sellling tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Would of loved to see Daughter. Got the day in the end for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Four Tet (Official)

oh my word snaith ****ing killing in irish tent right now peoples faces melting off in ecstacy

haha he just posted that on his FB page!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Organisation for afterparties was absolutely diabolical. Had to queue for 30+ mins to get into meeting house square to exchange ticket for wristband - why? - there weren't separate wristbands for each afterparty, so it wasn't to do with capacity.

Then waited in a haphazard queue to get into Curved Street to get to Button Factory, but bouncers were dreadful. Kept pushing the crowd back (dangerously), telling people to queue in different directions (contradicting themselves frequently), letting the occasional person in while telling everyone else it was closed.

I overheard a manager come out and ask the bouncer why they weren't letting people in, and the answer was "because they are pushing". Power trip central, resulting in a dangerous crush situation for everyone involved, and seriously impacting my enjoyment of the whole day. Disgusted. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yep, had the same experience. didn't really see what the point was with queueing to get wristbands, especially as they didn't even check the tickets, just took a look and waved us all on. a few of my friends waked past the person giving out the wristbands, and only went back to get some when we told them about it. should have just checked tickets going into each of the venues.
    went over to the Button Factory entrance then and it was chaos. one of the organisers i think (prob in his 50s, grey scraggly hair, wasn't dressed like a typical bouncer) was screaming and shouting at people, then pushing the queue of people. completely lost it. then started shouting "it's closed, go home, it's closed", at people. then started shouting at people at the front to move back and shoving them, even though the people at the fron couldn't move anywhere because there were so many people behind them that couldn't hear what was going on, and because there was no railing or organised queue, everyone was jsut bunched up together trying to get in to the one little opening. then a few minutes later they allowed more people in, then closed again. half the people in the queue didn't know about the wristbands, no signs up anywhere that we could see, luckily we got to the BF before that when there was no queue and the bouncers told us about the wristbands.
    after several people falling, getting shoved around, and the dickhead organiser shouting in people's faces, we just decided to go somewhere else. they put up railings along the street afterwards, so at least there was a bit of organisation to the queue later on, but it was just a cluster**** for quite a while. very poor planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

The queue outside meeting house square was dangerous alright. I was at the top of it and some of the bouncers were idiots. Better planning needed if they are to do it next year. Enjoyed the button factory and had a great weekend at the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I went to the twisted pepper as there was some "afterparty" on, and it was very poorly organised also. The lobby had Bob Marley playing....after coming from LA Galaxy it was exactly what we didn't want. The music didn't kick off properly till 1am, so we had 2 hours of Bob Marley, and the buzz was kind of killed for everyone at that stage. DJ Kormac didn't kick off till a lot later than advertised either, and it was too late to go anywhere decent at that stage.

It was a rubbish end to the night tbh, quite disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i was so tempted by the afterparties but went home looks like i made a decent choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I went to the twisted pepper as there was some "afterparty" on, and it was very poorly organised also. The lobby had Bob Marley playing....after coming from LA Galaxy it was exactly what we didn't want. The music didn't kick off properly till 1am, so we had 2 hours of Bob Marley, and the buzz was kind of killed for everyone at that stage. DJ Kormac didn't kick off till a lot later than advertised either, and it was too late to go anywhere decent at that stage.

It was a rubbish end to the night tbh, quite disappointing.
    did you not try the 2 main rooms in there? there was music in the the Stage room and the Basement from 11. the music in the lobby is usually more of a background thing.
    don't think it was an official afterparty either?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brilliant festival overall. Great vibe about the place. Bar staff/stewards all very polite and willing to have a chat when it wasn't so busy.

After party was crap. Went to meeting house square. Absolutely farcical organisation. From being in a big open field to a confined space getting shoved around because of the volume of people really dampened the mood somewhat. Didn't help that the DJ/rapper guy playing in meeting house square was complete and utter shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Really enjoyed the two days I had down there. Kasabian, who I've seen a few times before, really surprised me; they were very good. Primal Scream were excellent although I was possibly too jolly by the time they came on. Austra were good, as was the small bit of Four Tet I saw.

Workmans was fantastic on Saturday night, but it was horribly busy on Sunday so we left. Apparently Bobby Gillespie showed afterwards :-/

One annoying feature was the queue skipping that went on in relation to the free bus to town afterwards. Why don't Irish people understand how to queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

First time I've missed all of this one....

Anyone know what attendance was like (compared to last year maybe?)

Most of the stuff I've heard on FF has been positive - weather helped late ticket sales I would guess. Roll on FF14?

Crowded festival market this year so am kinda curious as to how things are going for the promoters... Life sold out, FF went well... surely some of the summer fests has to struggle?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Love this festival, I just went on the Sunday and spent most of my day at the mainstage, as everyone has said Chic were amazing...thought it was funny that they had to open with 'We are not a cover band, all these songs were written by Chic!'. Crowd noticeably smaller for Primal Scream.

I went to the after party and didn't have any trouble that others have mentioned. Saw there was a massive queue at 11.30 so just went to the pub across the road for 2 pints and then strolled into meeting house square with no waiting at about 12. We then went to the IFI and nabbed a table, nice and relaxed in there and then went to Austra after which was good craic.

Great day, looking forward to 2014 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

lc180 wrote: »

Cool video that. Sums up the festival well. Roll on FF 2014

Advertisement