Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Mr.S wrote: »
    Any predications for tomorrow?

I'll see the lineup, get stupidly excited, contact all my friends, get ignored by all my friends, end up not going, get really sad about missing out, then say "I never fancied that festival anyway". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

Fingers Crossed its Band of Horses, the Olympia show was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Any predications for tomorrow?

nick cave, band of horses, bob mould, dino jr

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

FF launch in the market bar tomorow from 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Day tickets €54.5 plus booking fee of €6.10 if purchased online
    weekend tickets €99.50 plus booking fee of €6.10 if purchased online
    No sign of early bird tickets being made available either, they will need a strong lineup to justify these prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Hopefully the line-up will be more daring than Longitude, but more than likely will have a similar feel of radio friendly Indie bands. Saying that the Sunday line-up of Kraftwerk, Modest Mouse and Yeah Yeah Yeahs warrants a day ticket at Longitude IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

nocoverart wrote: »
    Saying that the Sunday line-up of Kraftwerk, Modest Mouse and Yeah Yeah Yeahs warrants a day ticket at Longitude IMO.

Then the timetable is released and they all end up clashing with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.facebook.com/HiddenAgendaClub/posts/478810115519815
    Hidden Agenda will be hosting a stage at Forbidden Fruit Festival 2013 on Sunday 2nd June!! The lineup for the festival is announced tomorrow - stay tuned

could be good if you're into dance/electronic music, they've had some great booking in the past/soon:
    John Talabot
    The 2 Bears
    Actress
    Jamie xx
    Nicholas Jaar
    New Jackson
    Todd Terje
    Koreless
    Lindstrom
    Jacques Greene
    Benoit & Sergio
    Jimmy Edgar

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Westdogg

steve_r wrote: »
    I'll see the lineup, get stupidly excited, contact all my friends, get ignored by all my friends, end up not going, get really sad about missing out, then say "I never fancied that festival anyway". :(

Ha ha. You sure you're not one of my mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Kasabian & Primal Scream to headline?

I like both those bands but i reckon mass uproar if they were announced as headliners!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

lc180 wrote: »
    I like both those bands but i reckon mass uproar if they were announced as headliners!

Why? They'd pull in a crowd no problem

Kasabian & Primal Scream to headline?
    heard the Kasabian rumour alright, hoping it's not true.

Synode wrote: »
    so would Justin Bieber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Who you looking for so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Synode wrote: »

Pull in a crowd i agree, but do they fit the usually style of forbidden fruit - dont mean that in a stuck up way just think it would be a strange booking.

In saying that, Kasabian are epic live so i'd be delighted if they headlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Yeeeeeesh, compared to last year, this is horrendous

Tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

....... Off to the EP thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Yeeeeeesh, compared to last year, this is horrendous

Tweet

Any chance somebody could paste this tweet into a post here.. Twitter is blocked at work here..

very average. awful headliners.
    Four Tet live and Daphni on the Sunday would be good. Chic are supposed to be great fun too but not a big draw for me.

Saturday- James Blake would be good if in a tent. Crystal Castles are grand but I've gotten pretty bored of them.

unless the further announcements have much better acts for the Saturday, i'd probably only go for the Sunday, mainly because I've never seen Four Tet do a live set.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

I thought between this and Longitude, Alt-J would pop up somewhere.

EP exclusive perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Forbidden Fruit, better off left uneaten.

whats the story with early bird tickets for this, are they already gone or are they the tickets going on sale tomorrow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really disappointed with this. Two awful headline acts. Very poor compared to the last two years. I'll go on the Sunday, just for FourTet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

whats the story with early bird tickets for this, are they already gone or are they the tickets going on sale tomorrow

Early bird tickets go on sale tomorrow. I can't find any mention of when the early bird offer ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Feels like a big step backwards from last year although I'm still holding out hope for the aforementioned Hidden Agenda stage making Sunday an attractive option for electronic music. Four Tet and Daphni a good start - wonder if that's part of their stage???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭fits

Four tet live would be the only draw for me. But I can't go anyway. Longitude looks the better option.

tomorrow

http://nialler9.com/forbidden-fruit-2013-chic-four-tet-neon-neon-james-blake-daphni-daughter-austra-more/
    Early bird tickets are €79.50 and €44.50 plus fees. Tickets on sale tomorrow at 9am via Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

not a great lineup although not bad either... those headliners are woeful...

Liking.. Four tet, New Jackson, chic, Kormac's big band, Diamond Dagger & neon neon

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Get Loose, Get Loose.

• Advertisement

Feels like a big step backwards from last year although I'm still holding out hope for the aforementioned Hidden Agenda stage making Sunday an attractive option for electronic music. Four Tet and Daphni a good start - wonder if that's part of their stage???
    i'd be pretty sure that Cyril Hahn, Bondax, New Jackson and Fank B are part of whatever they're doing anyway...

Advertisement