Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Wow, didn't see that coming. Very strange choice. Ep better be pulling out all the stops. Although loads of bands I'd like to see are doing one off shows anyway; Blur, Grizzly Bear, Tame Impala, Death Grips etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm going to end up at that Westport Festival with all the auld grannies at this rate. We're definitely getting quantity over quality with all these festivals that are on this year. Have a good feeling about EP though

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Kasabian & Primal Scream to headline?

MASSIVELY UNDERWHELMED.

Won't be bothering with it at all this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

That's a pretty bad line up. Not one remotely enticing act there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

i think i might be past it - would like to see Crystal Castles,but i have a feeling they'll play their own show somewhere else that weekend.

im done with paying top dollar for sub standard, half organised irish "messing". barely a festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

not impressed either.
    I have a starting point with iamamiwhoami and Austra (who I saw them last year too and they were brilliant), and I wouldn't mind Kasabian (I haven't seen them live), but with all the gigs announced it's not a priority.
    I am going to buy my Sunday Longitude ticket ASAP/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I think that's pretty good for €45 tbh (or just €40 per day if you get a weekend pass).
    It's only the initial announcement, and going by the last few years, the subsequent announcements always throw up some cool and interesting bands.

Sure, there's some acts i don't particularly like, but even as it stands there's plenty to see. Chic /Austra / Daughter / PS on the Sunday, and Saturday has a more appealing line up (for me).

Kasabian is a strange one though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

that line up is poor, the only act id wana go and see would be james blake and should be in a tent!! the headliners i didnt see coming at all, thought kasabien would have been kept for oxygen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think that's pretty good for €45 tbh (or just €40 per day if you get a weekend pass).
    It's only the initial announcement, and going by the last few years, the subsequent announcements always throw up some cool and interesting bands.
    this is my thinking too. €40 a day and there'll be a few acts who I'd probably be 20-25 on their own to see anyway.
    shouldn't be any problem geting rid of it on Toutless by the time the full-price tickets are on sale if there isn't any other decent acts announced....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The only thing I think that could entice me is Chic, everyone has been f*cking raving about their set at EP, which I missed, and I want to see what the fuss is about :pac:

Kasabian and Crystal Castles, are they ever not touring Ireland? Bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

very underwhealming line up.
    Kasabian WFT? PS, eh nah thanks.

Will go to both days as there are a few smaller acts I wanna see and mate loves CC's, but not pushed on anything. Chic, yeah heard tehy were amazing last year so will catch them, maybe they will play some new Daft Punk?

Anyway, its very early days, more will be announced.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im delighted with the announcement . Kasabian are one of the best live acts going around , wouldnt mind seeing Primal Scream and Chic . Def prefer this over last years line up for me and better then Longitude :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Im delighted with the announcement . Kasabian are one of the best live acts going around , wouldnt mind seeing Primal Scream and Chic . Def prefer this over last years line up for me and better then Longitude :p

Agreed!!! I'm fairly pleased with the initial announcement. Will def be getting myself an early bird weekend ticket. Really enjoy Kasabian's live shows. Few others decent acts thrown in between now and June and it'll be set up very nicely!!

Agreed!!! I'm fairly pleased with the initial announcement. Will def be getting myself an early bird weekend ticket. Really enjoy Kasabian's live shows. Few others decent acts thrown in between now and June and it'll be set up very nicely!!

Yea Le Galaxie are great live also

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

So happy man I love Crystal Castles and Kasabian :) il just go the Saturday doh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Yea Le Galaxie are great live also

Agreed again. I saw them about 12 months ago at the Forum in Waterford at a Hot Press Freezer Session. They were supporting Republic of Loose and really had the crowd going!! Looking forward to seeing them again!!

I think its clever of FF for not going down the Longitude route this year imo .

I agree I'm surprised at the negative reaction to the line up tbh I'm loving Saturday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

average line up overall. Some nice acts alright, Austra, JB, Chic, four Tet.

Still delighted i'm off to primavera, for such an 'unoriginal lineup' according to some critics it's still kicking the **** out of anything over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

I wonder how much was a choice and how much was down to better/ earlier booking by Longitude?

To be honest I'm very disappointed by this line up, particularly as I had high hopes of an Optimus/Primavera type line up which someone on here had linked to earlier in the thread: Nick Cave, Dinosaur Jr, Hot Snakes etc. (Damn you for getting my hopes up :)) But instead we get Primal Scream - seems they are contractually obliged to play at least one festival in Ireland every year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

But instead we get Primal Scream - seems they are contractually obliged to play at least one festival in Ireland every year

Much like Hot Chip!

what is the Longitude route, and what route have FF gone down? :confused:

if they were going for a more mainstream route than Longitude, they certainly did it with the headliners, but hardly with the rest of the bill, as I'm pretty sure your average Kasabian fan isn't interested in James Blake or Four Tet, let alone further down the bill.

if they were going for the more "discerning" music fan, as perhaps previous years would have suggested, then meat-and-two-veg rock of regular visitors Kasabian/Primal Scream is hardly the type of headliner you'd expect after previous headliners like Aphex Twin, Wilco and Leftfield...

i'm not sure what "route" they're supposed to be going for, as it's a bit all over the place really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

No interest in the headliners (well, mainly Kasabian) but very very pleased with Chic, missed their gig in The Button Factory last year as it sold out. Also want to catch Everything Everything. Would go to Fourtet if there's nothing else on (having him third on the bill seems a bit lacking).

So it looks like a Sunday ticket to me. €80 for the weekend is very good value but there really isn't much on the Saturday for me and I can't see many more international acts being added. A little disappointing that there's very little if any gleaned from the Primavera lineup.

Does anyone know if the four stages will all be music now with Hidden Agenda holding a stage? Much much rather that than comedy stage.

what is the Longitude route, and what route have FF gone down? :confused:

if they were going for a more mainstream route than Longitude, they certainly did it with the headliners, but hardly with the rest of the bill, as I'm pretty sure your average Kasabian fan isn't interested in James Blake or Four Tet, let alone further down the bill.

if they were going for the more "discerning" music fan, as perhaps previous years would have suggested, then meat-and-two-veg rock of regular visitors Kasabian/Primal Scream is hardly the type of headliner you'd expect after previous headliners like Aphex Twin, Wilco and Leftfield...

i'm not sure what "route" they're supposed to be going for, as it's a bit all over the place really.
    What's the capacity of the festival? Surely kasabian be able to shift 10000 tickets alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

AWW! you're really a Oxegen kid at heart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Not enough good solid techno or electro with all these festivals :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well they've lost whatever indie cred they had going for them by booking Kasabian as the big headliners anyway.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Not enough good solid techno or electro with all these festivals :(
    yeah, i was hoping for some of the acts from Field Day to be at FF....

Life Festival is the week before FF and has a nice bit of techno already
    http://www.life-festival.com/
    i'm looking forward to Karenn:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WU0k08fGBdk#t=888s

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

What's the capacity of the festival? Surely kasabian be able to shift 10000 tickets alone.

Forbidden fruit capacity is 5,000 per day
    http://www.festivalsearcher.com/festivals.aspx?festival_id=forbidden_fruit

Longitude is 9,500 per day
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/02/28/here-come-the-summer-festivals/

• Advertisement

Marseyred wrote: »

maybe it was 5000 the first year, but it seems it was 10,000 per day last year:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/30000-expected-at-forbidden-fruit-festival-553514.html
    30/05/2012 - 14:04:33
    Preparations are underway for some 30,000 revellers expected at the Forbidden Fruit festival in Dublin this weekend.

Advertisement