Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

honru wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the four stages will all be music now with Hidden Agenda holding a stage? Much much rather that than comedy stage.

i remember thinking last year that 4 stages would be music, but only when they announced the comedy stage that it would just be the same 3 as the previous year. i'd guess it will be the same this year and the Comedy one will be back.

Hidden Agenda are only running a stage on the Sunday, so i'd imagine it will be the smallest tent, with Bondax, Cyril Hahn, New Jackson and Frank B in there at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

What a let down. Was looking forward to this as it always was a good day out.
    As ghostdancer said already its a strange direction that they are going with Forbidden Fruit its very similar to Ed Sheeran been announced for last years Electric picnic.

Looks like I will be heading to Longitude on the Sunday to see Kraftwerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I know it all went pair-shaped, but I thought the Bloc Festival in London last year had an amazing line-up for an Electronic Festival. I would love something like that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Really amped to see Iamamiwhoami playing Ireland! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nocoverart wrote: »
    AWW! you're really a Oxegen kid at heart

Well i have gone to every Oxegen since 2006? Is that a bad thing or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 digitalfunk

I'd love to finally see Chic! Kormac would be good, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Huge amount of high horsing on the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Surprised about the amount of disappointment about primal scream as a headliner. I can see where they are coming from wrt Kasabian but the scream are terrific live. Although I guess there hasn't been much shortage of them over here in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

kingtubby wrote: »
    I guess there hasn't been much shortage of them over here in recent years.

Yes, that.
    Although personally I'm not really a fan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

an idea when the earlybird offer ends?? kasabian one of the best live bands around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Has anyone bought a ticket yet? €6.10 fees on a ticket on Ticketmaster :rolleyes: I bought mine at an outlet last year and I think the fees were much cheaper.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Forbidden Fruit@ForbiddenFFest 10 secs
    Early Bird tickets for Saturday are now SOLD OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Corholio wrote: »
    Huge amount of high horsing on the last page.

I totally get your point but I think given the history of the festival (last year especially) the reaction is very understandable - if not necessarily fair.

Last year's festival was full of acts that were getting "Best New Music" type reviews in Pitchfork (Real Estate / Chromatics / Grimes / Purity Ring), or are long established Gods of Alternative like Wilco or New Order. There was also some quality electronic acts like The Field, Leftfield, Booka Shade etc. So I would say last year's bill would score very high on a "Hipster Rating" if such a thing existed... regardless of what you think of the music.

This year's bill as announced so far just doesn't score well if viewed through this "Pitchfork"/Gods of Alternative type of lens.

My take is that FF had built some cred with people whose music taste is broadly in alignment with that type of lens, and hence there is disappointment that this year's bill seems to be targeted differently.

Not sure whether FF have consciously changed tack on how they book, or if this is a vagary of which acts are touring this year / in their price range / not booked for other festivals.

Forbidden Fruit@ForbiddenFFest 10 secs
    Early Bird tickets for Saturday are now SOLD OUT!
    so the Saturday will basically be a Kasabian gig with some other artists playing so.....

so the Saturday will basically be a Kasabian gig with some other artists playing so.....

I'm mainly going for kasabian but looking forward to soaking in the atmosphere and listening to some good live music I wouldnt necessarily have listened to usually, if its sunny all the better

I'm mainly going for kasabian but looking forward to soaking in the atmosphere and listening to some good live music I wouldnt have necessarily have listened to usually, if its sunny all the better
    I'm sure a lot of people are the same. I think the other stages will be very sparse when Kasabian are on, and in the hour or 2 before them though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So, effectively what this years Forbidden Fruit "Festival" is, is Two separate gigs of very popular Indie bands that will pull in huge crowds. So the majority of the punters going will not have much interest in seeing the "supporting acts" so they might just pop in while waiting on their favourite band. These people that are organising all these events are really killing the true meaning of what a Festival is suppose to be about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Day ticket booked for the Sunday, €50 a ticket is fairly decent.

honru wrote: »
    Day ticket booked for the Sunday, €50 a ticket is fairly decent.

Ticket bought for Saturday , raging i missed out on all the early bird tickets for sat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

nocoverart wrote: »
    So, effectively what this years Forbidden Fruit "Festival" is, is Two separate gigs of very popular Indie bands that will pull in huge crowds. So the majority of the punters going will not have much interest in seeing the "supporting acts" so they might just pop in while waiting on their favourite band. These people that are organising all these events are really killing the true meaning of what a Festival is suppose to be about.

Nope. It's a festival with headliners. I think saying the majority is quite an exaggeration, as is the statement that people will just wonder round and maybe pop in while waiting for a certain band, that does music fans a disservice IMO. Hardly a shock that headliner would get bigger crowds either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Ticket bought for Saturday , raging i missed out on all the early bird tickets for sat :(

they were only about a fiver cheaper, and you got a ticket anyway

LUPE wrote: »
    they were only about a fiver cheaper, and you got a ticket anyway

€10 altogether ha (i swear im not cheap) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Got a weekend ticket (early bird (Y)). I will be going for Kasabian on the Saturday, but I'll also see other artists. I'll also soak up the atmosphere; it's still a festival, even if a band I've heard of is headlining! Hopefully I won't be soaking up rain

Yea i remember going the 1st year for Flaming Lips , but ended up catching Cast of Cheers/Beardyman/Ham Sambo/Spies while i was there and have been a fan of each band ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yea i remember going the 1st year for Flaming Lips , but ended up catching Cast of Cheers/Beardyman/Ham Sambo/Spies while i was there and have been a fan of each band ever since

Spies are cool, what have they been up to recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Anyone reckon tickets for saturday will sell out anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anybody here know of a nice cheap hostel within walking distance from the site of the festival ?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭I Luv Crysis

Are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs playing at this? What kinda set?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs playing at this? What kinda set?

They're playing longitude, not this.

• Advertisement

Anybody here know of a nice cheap hostel within walking distance from the site of the festival ?

http://generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/dublin/

Advertisement