Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Pretty poor lineup, particularly the headliners. It's strange. They are headlines you would expect at Oxegen, but the rest of the lineup is something you would see at Picnic.

Longatude looks much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Tusky wrote: »
    Pretty poor lineup, particularly the headliners. It's strange. They are headlines you would expect at Oxegen, but the rest of the lineup is something you would see at Picnic.

Longatude looks much better.

You ever seen Kasabian play live?? Probably one of the best live acts around..Top Headliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Hammer91 wrote: »

You ever seen Kasabian play live?? Probably one of the best live acts around..Top Headliner!

Have to agree, always quality live

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

+1000000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Anyone reckon the Saturday will sell out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone reckon the Saturday will sell out?
    I would imagine so, early birds for Saturday were gone in a few hours. I'm not sure if they even sold out either year previously.
    with Kasabian on the bill i'd say that's a few thousand tickets sold that probably wouldn't have gone to FF otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fastfuse95

I don't understand why people are "underwhelmed" by Kasabian and Primal Scream.
    Kasabian are without a doubt one of the best live bands out there at the moment and I just hope that the crowd on the day are more into them than the majority of people in this thread seem to be.

GET LOOSE!

perhaps because Kasabian's music is turgid sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fastfuse95

perhaps because Kasabian's music is turgid sh1t.

Well f*ck off to another festival which satisfies your sh*tty taste in hippy music

fastfuse95 wrote: »
    Well f*ck off to another festival which satisfies your sh*tty taste in hippy music
    i'll probably just go to the other stages where decent acts will be on at the same time tbh.

"hippy music" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When I was 18 Kasabian were classed as "Hippy Music" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

fastfuse95 wrote: »

Oh dear God! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Kasabian are a good band, who are good live. (Not great, not amazing, not ZOMG). They will put on an enjoyable show though, without a doubt.

While we are criticising Kasabian, Tom Meighan makes Liam Gallagher look like a genius. The former has to be the stupidest person in NMErock, and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

According to Jim Carroll, here are some new additions to FF:

On The Record
    Toro Y Moi
    Flight Facilities
    Trust
    I Am the Cosmos
    Hidden Agenda DJs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Any Warp Record Artist planning to play at FF this year????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is that Trust the French metal band from the 1980s who had that minor hit with the single Anti-Social?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Is that Trust the French metal band from the 1980s who had that minor hit with the single Anti-Social?

I'd reckon it's this. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqgv65j3uBo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Irish Aris wrote: »

Definitely is, Austra playing as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Definitely is, Austra playing as well....

it gets me tempted now. I saw Austra last year at Forbidden Fruit, they were very good. And I found Trust's album rather good.

According to Jim Carroll, here are some new additions to FF:

On The Record
    these are all on Sunday btw, according to FF on twitter.
    "loads more TBA" too, which is just as well as it's now a month and a half until the festival and it's pretty light on acts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Few Questions
    1. I presume chic and Primal scream will not be clashing on the Sunday night?
    2. what time will the gig finish at?
    3. does anyone know if there are any trains running down the country afterwards?
    4. What is the capacity of the gig?

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Few Questions
    1. I presume chic and Primal scream will not be clashing on the Sunday night?
    2. what time will the gig finish at?
    3. does anyone know if there are any trains running down the country afterwards?
    4. What is the capacity of the gig?
    1. they could do. Primal Scream will be on the main stage, presumably last. Chic might be before them on that stage, but could be last on the 2nd (indoor stage), so at the same time as PS. at Electric Picnic a few years ago, Chic went on after the headliner on the main stage, so they could even be on after Primal Scream on the main stage at FF. won't know until times are released in a few weeks.
    2. around 10:45pm
    3. check times/schedule on irishrail.ie . i doubt it.
    4. 10,000 in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

1. they could do. Primal Scream will be on the main stage, presumably last. Chic might be before them on that stage, but could be last on the 2nd (indoor stage), so at the same time as PS. at Electric Picnic a few years ago, Chic went on after the headliner on the main stage, so they could even be on after Primal Scream on the main stage at FF. won't know until times are released in a few weeks.
    2. around 10:45pm
    3. check times/schedule on irishrail.ie . i doubt it.
    4. 10,000 in previous years

No they didn't, chic didnt play on the main stage, they played in one of the tents,they were on before any headline acts, can't for the life of me remember who were on main stage headlining that night , prob cos chic were amazing !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Rfrip wrote: »
    No they didn't, chic didnt play on the main stage, they played in one of the tents,they were on before any headline acts, can't for the life of me remember who were on main stage headlining that night , prob cos chic were amazing !

I think ghostdancer meant they went on at a later time than the headliner of the main stage. Not on after them on the same stage - as that would have made them the headliner...

lordgoat wrote: »
    I think ghostdancer meant they went on at a later time than the headliner of the main stage. Not on after them on the same stage - as that would have made them the headliner...

Ah right,don't mind me I'm in every second thread reading bout the Boston marathon.

Very tempted to go to forbidden fruit this year, nothing on electric picnic yet

Rfrip wrote: »
    apologies, you're right.
    i'm not sure why i thought that, i think i was half remembering Bjorn Again closing the main stage at Oxegen one year after the headliner, and for some reason thought that Chic had done the same at EP a few years back :confused::o

Madness and 2ManyDJs were on the main stage that night:
    http://swearimnotpaul.com/2009/08/live-electric-picnic-2009-timetable-stage-times.html

apologies, you're right.
    i'm not sure why i thought that, i think i was half remembering Bjorn Again closing the main stage at Oxegen one year after the headliner, and for some reason thought that Chic had done the same at EP a few years back :confused::o

http://swearimnotpaul.com/2009/08/live-electric-picnic-2009-timetable-stage-times.html[/quote
    They all merge into one big festival after a while dont they!!

apologies, you're right.

http://swearimnotpaul.com/2009/08/live-electric-picnic-2009-timetable-stage-times.html

They all merge into one big festival after a while dont they!!!

• Advertisement

YbeWa20.jpg

Advertisement