Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

1. they could do. Primal Scream will be on the main stage, presumably last. Chic might be before them on that stage, but could be last on the 2nd (indoor stage), so at the same time as PS. at Electric Picnic a few years ago, Chic went on after the headliner on the main stage, so they could even be on after Primal Scream on the main stage at FF. won't know until times are released in a few weeks.
    2. around 10:45pm
    3. check times/schedule on irishrail.ie . i doubt it.
    4. 10,000 in previous years

Thanks ghostdancer.....I can't beleive this is not getting more coverage...chic and primal scream for €45(early bird) is the best value ticket in the country over the summer.
    Thinking of getting the train up...presume it is just a 10 minute walk from heuston?
    Will there be only bulmers on sale inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Thanks ghostdancer.....I can't beleive this is not getting more coverage...chic and primal scream for €45(early bird) is the best value ticket in the country over the summer.
    Thinking of getting the train up...presume it is just a 10 minute walk from heuston?
    Will there be only bulmers on sale inside?
    Yeah, it's right beside the train. Last year it was pints of Bulmers, bottles (plastic) of Bulmers light, berry and pear. Oh and wine but no spirits of any description

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Anyone know when the next announcement is? Or is that the full lineup? Hoping Animal Collective might be announced :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yeah, it's right beside the train. Last year it was pints of Bulmers, bottles (plastic) of Bulmers light, berry and pear. Oh and wine but no spirits of any description
    there was Becks too i think? definitely was the year before anyway...

Léan wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next announcement is? Or is that the full lineup? Hoping Animal Collective might be announced :pac:
    I would imagine there'll be one in the next week or two, the lineup is very light compared to the final one last year.

• Advertisement

there was Becks too i think? definitely was the year before anyway...

Yeah, I think you're right actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Only a few weeks left now....

Started listening to Austra recently, didn't catch them last June so really looking forward to getting a chance this year at FF. Hopefully they are playing one of the tents because I can't see their tunes working very well during the day on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Actually they do.
    I saw Austra last year, they were playing the big outdoors stage, in the middle of the afternoon. They were very good.

seems there will be an announcement tomorrow:
    https://twitter.com/ForbiddenFFest/status/329239209770618880

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

So, remind me, is it Daft Punk or David Bowie we expect to get announced tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Both of them, and a fully reformed Smashing Pumpkins too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Imagine it was Boards of Canada announced today! New album in June an all.
    I can only dream...

new additions:

B9PLvE1.jpg

new site is up too. http://forbiddenfruit.ie/
    no mention of after parties this year.

i'd imagine that's the final lineup.
    Saturday is pretty poor IMO, doesn't help that a lot of the lineup is Irish bands that play gigs here all the time.
    might sell my weekend ticket and just get a Sunday one...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Ooof :/ Bit disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I heard some people being buzzed with Health? What are thye like?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This year the main reason im going on sat is because of Kasabian so anything after that is a bonus . Def gonna check out Le Galaxie , Hot Sprockets , Lee Scratch Perry and maybe a few comedians

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The only band i want to see either day is Everything Everything, normally torn between which day to go to... have i fallen behind or something?!

I'll probably wait until closer to the date and just go on the Sunday if the weather is good unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Can you bring drink in with you or are they fairly strict on it ?

• Advertisement

Joekers wrote: »
    Can you bring drink in with you or are they fairly strict on it ?

No you can't bring in any drink with you. Not sure if they are strict. I never got padded down or anything like that last year, didn't see any bag searches either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Would you say Chic(nile Rogers) will play the three daft punk songs he features on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Half tempted by the Sunday, for the scream maybe as i could walk down there in 5min but are they really still headline material?!

what else, could lure me... not much. Think I see why they are headlining now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Half tempted by the Sunday, for the scream maybe as i could walk down there in 5min but are they really still headline material?!

what else, could lure me... not much. Think I see why they are headlining now!

Chic! You won't be disappointed
    Wish they were playing electric picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Rfrip wrote: »
    Chic! You won't be disappointed
    Wish they were playing electric picnic

mph.. would be a quirky enough double header. Can't resist the scream in my backyard, so may well get some chic time in aka beer.. I hope that dudes more funk, than disco.

https://www.facebook.com/forbiddenfruitfestival/posts/528722627174667
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, Jagwar Ma have had to cancel their Forbidden Fruit Festival appearance. The new addition to the line-up is due to take place next week and it's very very very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Cancelling three weeks in advance. Excuse my naivety, but why did they do that?

Cancelling three weeks in advance. Excuse my naivety, but why did they do that?

The usual unforseen circumstances was the only reason given as far as I know. Could mean anything!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can see an Irish act taking the spot especially with only a few weeks to go

• Advertisement

Can see an Irish act taking the spot especially with only a few weeks to go

I reckon its Little Green Cars, their a Pod favourite and they are playing Vicar St tonight so Monday is perfect timing to announce a festival appearance.

Advertisement