Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that's good thinking, quite possible.

FF started following Rustie on twitter when they announced the Jagwar Ma cancellation, so would be great if it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Did anybody else notice that the Facebook event for Forbidden Fruit now has Ghostpoet on it after the cancellation of Jagwar Ma?

Teeny little mistake there I think, but looks like that's the replacement act!

after parties in the Button Factory again this year, perhaps other places too.
    heard about the Sunday one, pretty great if you like the electronic acts on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tastic82

Quick question for anyone who has been previous years- is there a shop/stall selling bottles of minerals/soft drinks?

thanks! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Tastic82 wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone who has been previous years- is there a shop/stall selling bottles of minerals/soft drinks?

thanks! :-)

Yep there is a good selection of food stands inside which will stock soft drinks and the bars should also sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Tastic82

great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johanna57

Went to see hChic last year in a very packed Button Factory great night Nile Rodgers is an amazing guitarist and produced many hits not only for Chic but many others. Have'nt boogied so much since going to Sloopys in the 70's !!!

Hope to see plenty of other Disco babies there on Sunday night!!

Did anybody else notice that the Facebook event for Forbidden Fruit now has Ghostpoet on it after the cancellation of Jagwar Ma?

Teeny little mistake there I think, but looks like that's the replacement act!

The new fb cover photo for FF now has Ghostpoet instead of Jagwar Ma so it looks official. Well spotted!

I doubt there will be anymore acts added, the numbers are roughly the same as sat/sun last year. Now just to wait for the stage by stage breakdowns and the inevitable clashes

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Was fairly proud I spotted it haha!

Hoping that Health play before Crystal Castles and Kasabian on the Saturday. A few other bands I'll go see,but those three are the main ones. Says there's four stages too, could be a strange breakdown!

I assume an Irish focused stage is inevitable? What way do the other stages work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Are you searched on your way into the site ? Would it be easy enough for someone to bring in a sneaky naggin or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Are you searched on your way into the site ? Would it be easy enough for someone to bring in a sneaky naggin or two

Most of my group tried to bring in spirits. 2 people out of I think the 8 or so who tired who tried were successful

Mr.S wrote: »
    Original Stage (Mainstage)

Undergrowth Stage (2nd biggest, in a circus tent style thing, think 2fm stage at Oxegen just smaller :pac:)

Lighthouse Stage (smaller then 2nd but same deal)

The Chuckleberry Lounge (comedy tent)

Thats what it was like last year!

Hidden Agenda are hosting one of the tents on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Most of my group tried to bring in spirits. 2 people out of I think the 8 or so who tired who tried were successful

really want to get some in, the bar on site will probably be rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kittyb89

Any good after parties on the Saturday night?

Uh4ZBWz.jpg

Fair play to them for releasing the breakdown earlier this year, looks like they are listening to feedback.

Delighted Austra are in a tent and not clashing with any of the headliners, pity about Le Galaxie on at same time as Kasabian but I can live with that.

Really looking forward to checking out some new bands at FF. Genuinely I only knew about 4 acts on the bill last year and still had great time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Raging about Kasabian/Lee Scratch Perry/Le Galaxie clash :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Yea real shame bout Le Galaxie and Kasabian was really looking foward to see Le Galaxie

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

can anyone recommend accomadation in the area. nice nd cheap of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

yungb wrote: »
    can anyone recommend accomadation in the area. nice nd cheap of course :)

you can't beat the IBIS only $40 per room not per person which works out at a tenner if there are 4 off yee . can get the Luas in and back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

You know the way you watched the wire/breaking bad and it so good you want to share it with people and there like "yeah what the **** it this mad yolk on about" and then they the watch it and they're all about it.

I have seen chic 3 times and I can't wait to see 12,000 people full of bulmers finest going mental to them....kinda jealous it's not my first time to see them though

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

Bowlardo wrote: »
    you can't beat the IBIS only $40 per room not per person which works out at a tenner if there are 4 off yee . can get the Luas in and back

sound thanks for that

I stopped by the royal Kilmainham today for a sneak. Looks like they have started to assemble the bar and undergrowth stage.

The ground looks good and I noticed that there seems to be a solid tarmac walkway between the bar and stages. Good news as that the white plastic decking used at festivals is pretty sh%tty and slippy as hell when wet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

If d'weather is to be believed, we are in for a wet week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If d'weather is to be believed, we are in for a wet week. :(

Bah!!! It was supposed to be raining this weekend, They are full of shíte,

I Promise sun for all on Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

no talk of rain please...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sophie.rogan

First time at Forbidden fruit this year! Can't wait!
    What are the bars like, Price wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

First time at Forbidden fruit this year! Can't wait!
    What are the bars like, Price wise?

well the first year it was on the bars didnt work on one of the days ha! pricewise i think its the usual ya get at festivals...

Advertisement