Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    well the first year it was on the bars didnt work on one of the days ha! pricewise i think its the usual ya get at festivals...

If i remember correctly it was €5 a pint. Only Bulmers and Becks available. No real queues or issues last year thankfully!

Might have been a Barcardi bar too, not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Wine too.

after parties are being announced today it seems.

heard a rumour that Four Tet and Daphni DJing in the Button Factory is the Sunday one, which would be great.

KdWNf1q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Very tempted to buy a Sunday ticket now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone else win tickets to this? Won a pair, and says something about a compulsory donation of 20e on the ticket. Just wondering is that 20 euro per ticket presumably? (Have no problem paying, just curious to find out) Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    Per ticket usually.

Where did you win the ticket? Usually tickets won from comps don't need to make the charity donation, its usually just for guestlist from acts, promoters etc

Thanks, yeah I won it from Vodafone, was in touch with them and they said donation doesn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Stop Making Sense being shown in the IFI. Brilliant live DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Is there merch and stuff at this too?

Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

simian mobile disco set is a DJ set... so that's a DJ set playing other people's songs or their own?! their live album is class.

• Advertisement

simian mobile disco set is a DJ set... so that's a DJ set playing other people's songs or their own?! their live album is class.
    other people's, will probably throw in a few of their own though.

their new one with Bicep is great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Hoping to head to this but haven't got the tickets yet, would I be ok in presuming that a group of us can buy tickets at the gate on the Saturday and wander on in or should we be a little more proactive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Could be a lot of last minute sales with the weather looking good so I'd definitely have tickets before travelling to the front gate

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WE could be in for a mini heatwave over the bank holiday weekend with temperatures set to rise in excess of 20C in most parts of the country.

The balmy conditions of the past 24 hours are set to continue in many areas. Today, the south-east and south should enjoy dry, settled conditions. Met Eireann said there would be further bursts of sunshine sweeping the country today, although cloudier and cooler conditions could arrive tomorrow.

But Mediterranean-style temperatures will make a welcome return on Saturday with a spell of dry, warm weather set to last well into next week.

Yesterday, temperatures reached 18C in places.

"Saturday will be mild and Sunday milder still with temperatures over 20C from Monday onwards," said Deirdre Lowe of Met Eireann.

Irish Independent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is there day tickets?Love to see Chic

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

sasta le wrote: »
    Is there day tickets?Love to see Chic

Yep. For either day it's 55 euro

WE could be in for a mini heatwave over the bank holiday weekend with temperatures set to rise in excess of 20C in most parts of the country.

The balmy conditions of the past 24 hours are set to continue in many areas. Today, the south-east and south should enjoy dry, settled conditions. Met Eireann said there would be further bursts of sunshine sweeping the country today, although cloudier and cooler conditions could arrive tomorrow.

But Mediterranean-style temperatures will make a welcome return on Saturday with a spell of dry, warm weather set to last well into next week.

Yesterday, temperatures reached 18C in places.

"Saturday will be mild and Sunday milder still with temperatures over 20C from Monday onwards," said Deirdre Lowe of Met Eireann.

Irish Independent
    ...and yet Met Eireann's own site has plenty of rain and cloud for Saturday and Sunday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Got in the door from work yesterday evening to find an envelope with 2 tickets for this for the weekend with a €40 cheque to cover the charity costs. I completely forgot I entered a competition in the metro herald a few weeks ago to win tickets. Chuffed with that as I had no plans for the weekend! Would kill for a nice sunny weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I won tickets yesterday, I wonder will I have to pay that charity donation..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Just giving IamamIwhoamI a listen now, sound awesome!!!! Cant wait to see live tomorrow!

Catching up on who is playing and listening to some albums and so far what I've been listening to, its a pretty god damn good line up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

anyone know if the afterparty in the button factory is only sunday night or is there anything on the sat night?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Mr.S wrote: »
    Competitions are usually exempt from the charity donation scheme. You usually only have to pay if you where given a guestlist spot by an artist or promoter.

When do they take the money, because it says something about the charity donation on the tickets, but nothing about being prizes. Will I be stung at the door?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

tempted to go sunday for simian mobile disco and four tet..

does anyone know if smd are playing a live set or a dj set, only interested if its a dj set really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It's on the poster.

38481-xlarge.jpg

yungb wrote: »
    anyone know if the afterparty in the button factory is only sunday night or is there anything on the sat night?
    just announced:

gnwIx4u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Just got a ticket for tomorrow. Hope the weather holds out. Should be a fantastic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Folks, can buy tickets at the venue tomorrow?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Folks, can buy tickets at the venue tomorrow?
    yep, there's a ticketmaster booth onsite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

yep, there's a ticketmaster booth onsite.

Cheers bud.

Advertisement