Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Really last minute stuff here. Sorry wasn't planning on going!

Will I need wellies tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Slattsy wrote: »
    Really last minute stuff here. Sorry wasn't planning on going!

Will I need wellies tomorrow?

No ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I know it'll be difficult to watch the rest of it but Chic are appearing on the Late Late Show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Is there any clashfinder type breakdown available online anywhere??

Cant find one, was a well handy print out to have last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

lc180 wrote: »

i was looking there myself, shocked nobody bothered to do one on clashfinder.com. i suppose the lineup is pretty small. i just saved the FF2013-timetable-eflyer.jpgto my phone

• Advertisement

Weathers holding up :D

Now the big decision, Kasabian Or Le Galaxie

Much prefer a good dance later in the evening. But i hear kasabian are great live.

Just went for a walk in the IMMA grounds, looking like a good setup, got to see Kasabian soundcheck, they were quality! looking forward to the day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Is it muddy down there?!

Is it muddy down there?!

Its looks fine, no mud that i could see. loads of workers walking around in trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Its looks fine, no mud that i could see. loads of workers walking around in trainers.

Nice one!

• Advertisement

As much as i dont rate Kasabian, they do put on a good show.

Hopefully the rain holds off!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

I'm really getting excited, I would love to see Trinity Orchestra but as usual they are on too early in the day.

Anyone have any idea if we are aloud bring in sealed water bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Standard operating procedure is no water but if you've a medical need for it they might let it in. Don't abuse this as people with real medical needs shouldn't suffer if you take advantage.

Missing Trinity Orchestra is missing the festival... get in for it people!

Having seen Le Galaxie and Kasabian.... see Le Galaxie. In fact pretty much everything I'm going in for is Irish today. Trinity Orchestra, Fight Like Apes, Daithi, Le Galaxie. Embrace the local talent!

Also Nialler9 is doing a film at 3.30 about animation in music videos which should be great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Lads I can't find my ticket - is it possible to pay at gate? Will they take credit cards? Panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

What's the ground like, any mud or anything? Wellies/sandals/trainers??? To the previous poster there was a ticketmaster at the gate last year, not sure if they take credit card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I didn't think to post it here when I was finished it last night... :eek:

http://clashfinder.com/s/fff13/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

is this what was causing the noise all around dublin today? i could hear the base miles away

very ignorant and annoying

Home, dominos in hand, Crystal Castles were the shít :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

is this what was causing the noise all around dublin today? i could hear the base miles away

very ignorant and annoying

Ok grandad !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

mimihops wrote: »
    What's the ground like, any mud or anything? Wellies/sandals/trainers??? To the previous poster there was a ticketmaster at the gate last year, not sure if they take credit card though.

for the love of god will some one answer mimiops?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

what are the drinks available in the festival? not a bulmers fan

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

I know down by the main stage was alright when we left after Kasabian last night, it was trampled but wasn't too bad. You'd be grand without wellies.

Also, this is a long shot, but if anybody has a ticket that they aren't using for the afterparty tonight and wouldn't mind giving it to me, could you let me know? Really really want to see Austra in Custom House Square, but they won't let me go with a Saturday ticket... Raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Bowlardo wrote: »

There was what I think was either Heineken or Becks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Bowlardo wrote: »

Bulmers, Becks and some wine from what I remember. Not really a fan of any of them but stuck with Becks yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Tennants was also on sale

Was there yesterday, wellies are not needed at all.

It's grand down there.
    ff2013.jpg

Really good yesterday. Almost surprised at how well it was to be honest. There was the tiniest amount of rain a couple of times but mostly overcast which is the best weather for festivals as far as Im concerned. The bars ran super fast... the toilets didn't seem too queuy... food was good (get the massive frankfurter from the charcoal grill for a fiver.. yum).

Bands were mostly excellent. Trinity Orchestra were a great start , Daithi was too dancy for too early, Kormacs Big Band was excellent as always. Crystal Castles tore it up. Kasabian did what Kasabian does... personally I was happy to leave for Le Galaxie.

Vibe is great, everyone was in a good mood. People were happy to talk nonsense to each other. Ive hundreds of photos and no energy to go through them all but I'll leave this one here as I didn't notice it at the time:

aliceff.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Great day yesterday. Crystal Castles were excellent. Kasabian put on a good show too. Cant wait for today. The ground is very solid, runners hardly have any muck on them - unusual for an Irish festival

Advertisement