Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved house with eircom...

Options
  • 22-02-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]
    I just got off with Eircom once again, and i have to tell about this completely absurd story. [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]I was in a house pretty far from the exchange last year and hadpretty slow speeds ( about 2/3 out of the 8mbps ). It was frustrating but after checking a lot of different options nothing better was possible.[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]In January i moved out and called Eircom ( even do my contractis over ) they proposed the moving house system that's apparently faster than opening a new account, on the phone i was told that with this new adress i would get around 19mpbs as the exchange is very near. So this was good news as i live with 3 people and we would like to browse internet without it being slow. she told me she will do the move on my current contract and i should call back after to switch on a 24mbps contract.[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]a few days later we move in and the connection works straightaway but im connected at around 3/4 and i have a lot of loss of connection going from 10 min up to an hour.[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]so i call to report the problems and they send an engineer tocheck the line and he replaces the socket ( badly btw lines sticking out, but it's ok because he tells me he has a hangover and dont want to work ) he tells me he has to check things outside but things should be better. it wasn’t….  the connection actually  got worst, loosing connection even more andslower speeds...[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]Call again every few days to enquire the problems ect.. andyesterday i get a text saying the issue is finally  resolved and i check at home im indeedconnected at 5 with a much lower line attenuation ( from 30 to 10db ) so i guess now i could switch to 24 and have something decent...[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]i called this morning and got 4 different people, first a saleswoman that sends me directly to technical support, with whom i get some guy called Christopher i think, who seemed competent and told me that if he checks the line it told him the best it could get was 2. but that obviously was a bug as if he checked the stats i was connected to higher so he will write down a note on my accounts and pass me to sales to make the switch.[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]and there's the worst sales rep i have ever encountered... i tryto explain to her the situation about 3 times she puts me on hold and then take me back online to say : ok i've done a credit on your account and i have downgrade your connection as you cannot have better than 2 ( note that I told her I was connected at 5 ) [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]so I gotpretty pissed and she switched me to someone without warning to another guy I had to explain the problem and told me he coudnt do anything and that I should wait that the line testing is refreshed but coudnt tell me when it will be done.[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]I’m atthe point where I get no help, I called about 10/15 times since the switch, and absolutely no one can explain me the problem or anything. [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]The onlysolution now is just to cancel my subscription and get somewhere else but I’m sure they will try to charge me for it as moving house puts you under contract for another 12 months.[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]Anyonecould help me out here ? I feel helpless with a ****ty connection while im at 500 m from the exchange….[/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Arial, sans-serif]Notethat a few days ago I checked on homevision.ie and with my phone number I can get 21mbps[/font][/size]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kamdelya wrote: »
    [size=9pt]
    I just got off with Eircom once again, and i have to tell about this completely absurd story. [/size]

[size=9pt]I was in a house pretty far from the exchange last year and hadpretty slow speeds ( about 2/3 out of the 8mbps ). It was frustrating but after checking a lot of different options nothing better was possible.[/size]

[size=9pt]In January i moved out and called Eircom ( even do my contractis over ) they proposed the moving house system that's apparently faster than opening a new account, on the phone i was told that with this new adress i would get around 19mpbs as the exchange is very near. So this was good news as i live with 3 people and we would like to browse internet without it being slow. she told me she will do the move on my current contract and i should call back after to switch on a 24mbps contract.[/size]

[size=9pt]a few days later we move in and the connection works straightaway but im connected at around 3/4 and i have a lot of loss of connection going from 10 min up to an hour.[/size]

[size=9pt]so i call to report the problems and they send an engineer tocheck the line and he replaces the socket ( badly btw lines sticking out, but it's ok because he tells me he has a hangover and dont want to work ) he tells me he has to check things outside but things should be better. it wasn’t….  the connection actually  got worst, loosing connection even more andslower speeds...[/size]

[size=9pt]Call again every few days to enquire the problems ect.. andyesterday i get a text saying the issue is finally  resolved and i check at home im indeedconnected at 5 with a much lower line attenuation ( from 30 to 10db ) so i guess now i could switch to 24 and have something decent...[/size]

[size=9pt]i called this morning and got 4 different people, first a saleswoman that sends me directly to technical support, with whom i get some guy called Christopher i think, who seemed competent and told me that if he checks the line it told him the best it could get was 2. but that obviously was a bug as if he checked the stats i was connected to higher so he will write down a note on my accounts and pass me to sales to make the switch.[/size]

[size=9pt]and there's the worst sales rep i have ever encountered... i tryto explain to her the situation about 3 times she puts me on hold and then take me back online to say : ok i've done a credit on your account and i have downgrade your connection as you cannot have better than 2 ( note that I told her I was connected at 5 ) [/size]

[size=9pt]so I gotpretty pissed and she switched me to someone without warning to another guy I had to explain the problem and told me he coudnt do anything and that I should wait that the line testing is refreshed but coudnt tell me when it will be done.[/size]

[size=9pt] [/size]

[size=9pt]I’m atthe point where I get no help, I called about 10/15 times since the switch, and absolutely no one can explain me the problem or anything. [/size]

[size=9pt] [/size]

[size=9pt]The onlysolution now is just to cancel my subscription and get somewhere else but I’m sure they will try to charge me for it as moving house puts you under contract for another 12 months.[/size]

[size=9pt] [/size]

[size=9pt]Anyonecould help me out here ? I feel helpless with a ****ty connection while im at 500 m from the exchange….[/size]

[size=9pt] [/size]

[size=9pt]Notethat a few days ago I checked on homevision.ie and with my phone number I can get 21mbps[/size]

[size=9pt] [/size]

Hi Kamdelya

Thank you for taking my call. As discussed, I have raised your speeds to 7mb download speeds which currently is the max the line can hold pending a further line test. Please observe this for the weekend and let me know how this goes on monday morning. Apologies for this inconvenience.

Kind regards

Al

Advertisement