Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS for ASP.NET

Options
  • 22-02-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am interested in learning about getting a CMS for ASP.NET Web Applications. Typically to update data on a webform such as text and prices from an admin page. Is there much to develop these or can anyone recommend me a good free one.
    Thanks
    Thomas

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

DotNetNuke is pretty good and there's a good community behind it. Umbraco is supposed to be very good too, but haven't tried it myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

I tried it but am having problems setting it ip with godaddy. I'll try again tonight though :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Orchard is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am interested in learning about getting a CMS for ASP.NET Web Applications. Typically to update data on a webform such as text and prices from an admin page. Is there much to develop these or can anyone recommend me a good free one.
    Thanks
    Thomas

Orchard is perfect for this and probably slightly easier to add your own MVC modules and customize. DotNetNuke is actually much better but probably overkill unless you want to extend with the countless extension modules. You'd have to do more work just to change the look and feel away from the installed version.

AFAIR though, DotNetNuke has a free moduel to allow you to do input forms which might save you some work.

Advertisement